Short Grand River Report

Sandbag

With the weather looking so good for the weekend, I called a few friends up and we decided to head to the Grand River today for Fishmaster's Annual Tournament.

Let me start out by saying that Steve, Jen and the boys did a great job of organizing the event and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Everybody that I talked to had a blast.

As predicted, the weather was great. Arrived at 6:30am and unloaded for the 7:00am blast-off.

Set up straight out from the marina @50 metres from shore. The morning bite was pretty good. Our group of four landed five and lost a couple of others.

Dan (Percher) may recognize this hut :thumbsup_anim:

Feb2008027.jpg

Feb2008026.jpg

Feb2008025.jpg

One of the guys in our group landed a good size Pickeral (7.85 lbs) early in the day and it hung on to be the big fish of the tournament.

Sorry I don't have a shot of that fish, but it was a live release tournament and we were ill prepared to transport it to the weigh station when he caught it. I ended up dumping gear out of the cooler and filling it with water for the run to the scales. Must have been pretty funny to watch from the sidelines.

Made it to the scales and she swam away to fight again another day.

Here is a shot of the end of the day at the prize table

Feb2008028.jpg

A great day had by all. Thanks again Steve and Jen for all your hard work.

Cheers

Craig

It was a great turnout for our Tournament. Thank you so much for the compliments. We will have a post up by later today. Was awesome seeing everyone out here yesterday. Had a great time.

Thanks to all who participated and made our 5th Annual Walleye Ice Fishing Tournament a success.