Sturgeon on the French River

GbayGiant

I think in all those shots we're seeing three sturgeon.

Yeah I agree, lot's of duplicates, but who knows how many he harvests, the fact he encourages keeping them is what gets me, but anyway it looks likes he's on the lower French, not far at all from the mouth of the bay.

Edited by GbayGiant

spiel, for regulation purposes, "they" call anything below the chaudiere dams to gbay the "lower", while anything above them to nippissing is the "upper". the dams are located in dokis (further east than your map shows), up-river from dry pine bay & the regs you quoted don't apply to this area of the french.

the regs in this area are probably more strict when compared to Nip with the exception of sturgeon - slot sizes for all sport fish including pike & bass and a 48" muskie minimum which they are trying (& maybe succesful now) to implement on the "upper".

I'd let 'em all go too. :)

Thanks Raf, I've learned something today. :)

I actually have no idea where the damns are but there was a set of falls I could have gone over in the Dry Pine Bay area if'n I weren't careful. I suppose that led me to believe I was on the upper. That was some 26 years ago and It's still fairly clear in my mind but don't ask me what I did yesterday....lol