Need Help in Campbellford Area

mittzu

Hello, everyone. I know its been a long time getting back on this site. I had to get a new computer over this holiday season, so I am very happy to be back. I wanted to thank everyone for all there help, after my questions. I was looking for some help again and hoping someone can do just that.

I was wondering if anyone has been to Percy Boom, in Campbellford this winter for some nice walleye, or musky fishing. If so, can anyone tell me what the ice condintions are like. Is it slushy, or hard water. Are peoplpe catching anything. Any help in this matter would be mostly appricated. Thanxs a bunch, and I hope you all have had a great season...but mostly looking forward to the summer.

all the best,

I just checked the regs, and I believe you can ice fish there.

Percy is considered part of Lake Ontario, no?

If so, you can ice fish walleye, pike and panfish there, but musky are OOS.

I was thinking about heading there myself before the ice is out.

Let me know how you make out!

Good luck,

*Stoty

Yes Percys is considered Lake Ontario up to the locks at Percy Boom. Muskie defintely out of season.

From last I heard a week or so it was slushy, very slushy with soft spots in the main channel areas. Jakes (or whatever it's called now) might be open for ice fishing but not sure. Tackle spot in Cambellford closed up a while ago so there's no sure resource you can call to find out.

The closest you might get is to see if that tackle store in Hastings is still open. Somewhere I heard he'd closed up as well.

Thanxs a bunch for all the imput..this site is the best.

I actually live in Campbellford. I do believe you are thinking of DUKES....that is the little bait store in town.. They sell minnows. I did call there earlier this morning and they seem to think that the bite is on. Lots of fish is being caught....Can't wait. I will be heading out around 6-630, going to Timmie for a java then out on the water. I will let you all know what it is like out there, and HOPFULLY my report will have some pics.

Star Burger.....I have only lived there for about 3 years now. I do not remember any place called Star Burger.

You might be thinking Apollo's.

I grew up in Whitby, and there is a place called Star Burger...the best burgers ever!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Star Burger.....I have only lived there for about 3 years now. I do not remember any place called Star Burger.

You might be thinking Apollo's.

I grew up in Whitby, and there is a place called Star Burger...the best burgers ever!!!!!!!!!

It is Star Castle On Doxsee...across from RBC, Behind the BMO

• 8 months later...

Does anybody know what areas of Percy Reach would have safe ice? My wife's family has a cottage in Campbellford, and I'd like to do a little ice fishing in the area. I was going to head up to Crowe Lake, but if I could try out down around Bradleys Bay area that would be cool.

Thanks for any info.