Your Favourite Lake

Casey123

With the exception of a few trips to the Kawarthas, I fish primarily Lake Ontario and it's Tributaries, so I'd have to say that that is my fav lake at this point. My view may change now that I have a boat though and plan as many trips to different lakes as possible next season.

Having fished the Muskokas, the Kawartha's and shore fished Lake O, nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing compares to Lake of The Woods. You could quite literally fish every day for the rest of your life there and still not cover all of the little bays, around all the islands, the open water etc... Awesome fishing for walleye, pike, smallmouth bass, lake trout, perch, crappie, whitefish, and did I mention MUSKIE (please remember that all of the aforementioned fish are just bait for the mighty muskie that reside there). It is gorgeous and there are sheltered bays you can fish without even hearing another boat or seeing another person.

Edited by bigbuck

Any lake that offers the variety of at least 3 species, with at least one of the species being of trophy size, one of the species coming in phenomenal numbers, and for me at least one has to be a trout specie. If it did not have those qualities I'd expect great fishing of at least 4 species of fish.

For Ontario...

Nipigon. A solid four species lake where good numbers of all species can potentially be caught and all of them in trophy sizes.

LOTW offers the same but substitutes the brookies for musky... an almost fair trade.

The Albany or Attawapiskat Rivers. Walleye, brook trout, trophy pike, sturgeon and whitefish.

Hawley/Sutton Lake/River. A most underfished gem full of lakers, searun and resident brookies, and totally overlooked big pike and abundant walleye.

Lake Superior or Ontario. Tonnes of crap.

Across Canada...

I think any trophy northern lake with lake trout, pike and grayling would be perfect. First choice Great Bear so I could throw in the Tree River and fish the worlds largest arctic char after I get bored of the best lake trout fishing there likely is.

God's Lake/River too in Manitoba. Pike, walleye, lakers and brookies. Like Nipigon, my dream combination right there.

To pick only one,

Nipigon.

I can't pick my favorite spot on account of the Asian Carp probably ruining where I would choose as my only spot before I die..... Damn that makes me sad. So I guess I would have pick my second choice a little bit of bass heaven not far from here. I would be more specific but I would be tripping over too many people from the board there on June 28, 2008 when I get done work.

Lake of the woods and I have never been there.

Ditto,

From what I've heard + read + watched on T.V. it's got all I'd ever need. As was said previous, it's big enough that you can fish it for

a life time and never hit it all.

Creeping farther North to live, farther away from "civilization" would be cool too.

Hookset.

Edited by Hookset

The one place in Ontario with basically every native species, clean, wide open water, tricky back bays, small and large tribs with terrain from swampy, rocky, weedy, grassy, sandy to all of the above. And not small, but HUGE - with millions and millions of acres of fishable terrain.

"320 kilometres long by 80 kilometres wide. It covers over 15,000 square kilometres, making it almost as large as Lake Ontario."

You guessed it, for me there is no contest - I vote Georgian Bay!