Misty River Boats

fishinggeek

Thanks MR and GBG for the input, and keep them coming please. What really intrigued me is the composite flooring. I would want a boat to last as long as possible, and the idea of plywood in rain, sun, snow, and whatever else we put our boats through doesn't sound that good. Plus a retired boat dealer told me that was the brand he would choose if he were me. He said they had the fewest problems of the different boats he saw in his many years working.

If I could get a new boat I think it would be a Stanley or similar. Welded aluminum, no paint ever just chrome, no wood ever and snap in carpet = no maintenance and looks good forever. Just pressure wash it once a year and clean or replace the carpet in minutes.

I've heard many good things about these boats. Canadian made with Lifetime warranty is always a good thing in my opinion. It all depend on what you're planning on using the boat for ie. species of fish, body of water fishing, tiller or console.

GBay Giant has mentioned another extremely good boat that will last you a lifetime. Stanley boats are no Bull boat but esthetically not very pleasing. Stanley boats

The numer one Aluminum boat made in the industry for quality, durability and esthetics in my opinion is Harbercraft. The gauge of aluminum used for the hauls of these boats is twice as thick as Misty River, Lund, Legend, and Tracker. The thick gauged aluminum combined with the one piece haul construction makes this boat virtually indestructible.

If you have a chance check it out this week at the show, I'm pretty sure they're there. I remember seeing them last year.

Edited by woodro

it would be a Stanley or similar

Yep, they are built like a tank, solid and welded heavy heavy heavy gauge aluminum. But expensive! If I could afford one then sure Stanley would be a consideration. But if you are going to spend that much then think about a Lund, Crestliner, Polar Kraft or Princecraft and get more bells and whistles!

• 1 year later...