Wind on Lake Erie

shane

New guy Fireball here. I'm an entry-level digital photography kind of guy with a Canon a550 and love taking pictures. I think this is great having a separate photography section. There are some really good pictures and photographers over here. And lots of great tips and info too.

I took this one at Port Bruce a couple weeks ago. The wind was so strong I didn't even get out of the van. Just stuck my camera out the window. Looking out through binoculars it looked like snow-capped mountains out there.

IMG_1401pssm.jpg

Thanks everyone. It's not so much having an eye for me, I just take a lot of pictures and sometimes I get a nice one. Kind of like fishing. We sat there for about half an hour watching the waves and the clouds and the light changing every five minutes, and I probably took forty pictures. And then picked out three or four keepers.

Plus, it was a good day to be there.

• 2 weeks later...

On that day, the marine weather site was calling for 3 to 4 meter waves on Lake Erie! That's like 10 to 15 feet! :o

If I got caught out there in a small boat, I'd be too sea-sick to worry about drowning.