2008/2009 MNR REGS

DMASSE

aniceguy. So we have to do it one at a time. One on one and preach. Some people you cant change its only unless they want to. So the regs don't cut it this year and next. l personally would like a rotating all out ban on a river and total ban on sod farms sucking it right out of the rivers and its pollution for the thank you note.

We have to shoot for the 2010 regs now. With a bombardment of emails to the MNR just need someone to lead the pack. l will help. Ken

Note: The river ban was something that Uncle Millty mentioned.

Either my comprehension level has plummeted drastically or it's an error, Zone 16 pg 80 Rainbow, Brown and Pacific Salmon listed as open all year round from Notty/Boyne downstream(north to GBay) understand that no problem, then on pg 82 it says from the Notty/Boyne to the Pine, within that zone, Sport licence - 0, Conservation licence -0. If it's open on page 80(like it has been for as long as I can remember in previous years), then why indicate otherwise on the next page? Is this a catch and release only zone? Somethings not right, either or, leave it open or close it all the way up to the Pine, none of this C&R crap and damage the fish anyway.

Either my comprehension level has plummeted drastically or it's an error, Zone 16 pg 80 Rainbow, Brown and Pacific Salmon listed as open all year round from Notty/Boyne downstream(north to GBay) understand that no problem, then on pg 82 it says from the Notty/Boyne to the Pine, within that zone, Sport licence - 0, Conservation licence -0. If it's open on page 80(like it has been for as long as I can remember in previous years), then why indicate otherwise on the next page? Is this a catch and release only zone? Somethings not right, either or, leave it open or close it all the way up to the Pine, none of this C&R crap and damage the fish anyway.

I've got the same problem with Big Creek, near my place.

"ADDITIONAL FISHING OPPORTUNITIES"

WALSINGHAM TO LYNDOCH - OPEN ALL YEAR FOR RAINBOW AND BROWNS.

NEXT PAGE:

"EDXCEPTIONS TO ZONE 16"

WALSINGHAM TO LYNDOCH IS A SANCTUARY FOR RAINBOWS AND BROWNS JANUARY1 TO APRIL...

what the heck to I do come jan 1st? the rules contradict themselves......

cheers,

Urban

lots of strange things in this new regulatory package. Notty no kill is a good one some oare horrific though.

Bowshep the good old drainage tile ace from the early part of this century needs to be revised for sure. Lots of things come from the days where conservation water quailty, sustainable fisheries etc.. were not taken into account. The science in the vast majority is there and undisupted yet OMNR still wont do the right thing upfront but would rather take baby steps in order to not get one group up in arms..

Looks like the site is down, or else they heard all the complaining & decided to take it offline so they could fix things. I can't even get to the document from where I'm sitting. "404 page not found," like so many other government services... :stretcher:

p.-

5 minutes later.... I just googled them & looked at the "cached" version of the OMNR publications website & they have definitely taken down the new regs. So the Bighead is back in business, boys!

p.-

Edited by Paulus

Sure they can Louis...they just don't help the poor bugger that picks up a Reg book in CTC and thinks he's good as gold...'till the CO writes him a fine! Make sure you give Donna a shoulder rub while you're there! :huh:

Edited by irishfield

Problem is..there is no "ignorance" when the guy thinks he's doing the right thing and reading a reg book supplied by the government. Only to find out later that it's not what they really meant! There should be no need to be checking the MNR website before each fishing outing. Kinda like showing Aurora trout are open...only to travel all the way to Temagami, walk into Dad's and ask Jim how to get to the appropriate lake only to be told you can't fish for them. Saw that three times in 2005/2006 (and I'm not in there that often..can't imagine how many actually headed up for it).

Edited by irishfield

I also see that limits of walleye in the ottawa river have dropped 1 ,to 5 as the new limit,and no fish over 15inches till june 15th...and the delayed the season 2 weeks till opener...its about time,we have told the MNR,that we still catch fish with eggs and spem in them several weeks after the opener,im always afraid to keep a fish the first few weeks after opener just for the rerason.....and sometimes its hard to tell the difference between the males & females...well at least it makes it a little better now,i can live with it no prob....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Well that didn't take long.. the new link for 2008- 2009 has been removed..

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

* Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.

* If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly.

* Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

Maybe they are going to change the regulations again... ??????????