night time attempts

fatherof3

The last few nights I have been going downtown at night(after 10) and attempting to take pics.I have tried numerous settings but still don't like what I have come up with.I find the pics too blurry or lose colour or just too dark.I have kept the iso speed low(80-200)and shutter speed slow.I was just wondering if anyone has any other tips to help out.Here are a few examples so far.

100_2458.jpg

100_2478.jpg

100_2537.jpg

100_2551.jpg

100_2554.jpg

The first two are from Monday night.I find them to be really grainy looking.The last three are from last night.I think they are better but still not as sharp as I would like.Any tips,comments are welcome.

Definitely need to use a tripod, the longer shutter speeds need no movement at all. Try using even longer shutter and make sure your aperture is open for the most light.

Here's a photo I got the other night, it appears to be bright, but it was actually pretty dark.

2066521253_defda7ec39.jpg

Camera: Sony DSC-H2

Exposure: 2 sec (2)

Aperture: f/2.8

Focal Length: 6 mm

ISO Speed: 80

Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV

Flash: Flash did not fire

higher iso and longer shutter.... i assume it's a p&s camera? try atleast an 800 iso and adjust the shutter time from there.... and steady steady steady, looking at probably a minimum of a 10second shutter... or use the flash lol

Edited by phat bassturd

Although I haven't done it in quite some time now, I really enjoy night time photography. You seem to be on the right track FO3. I pretty much use the same settings. Lowest ISO, largest aperture and then set the shutter speed accordingly. The only reason to use a higher ISO is when you're taking low light photos of moving objects, and that doesn't seem to be the case here. You're photos seem well exposed, but grainy. I don't know why that is, considering the settings that you used.