Warm/Comfortable Waders

dobee

Hey Everyone,

Im in the search for new waders, I find myself freezing when im in the water for a short period of time. I was hoping some people on here could give me some reviews on the waders they have purchased and have kept them warm in those cold cold rivers :)

thanks in advance,

dobee

one guy who put a review on the internet for the $99 BPS waders said three pairs leaked before he gave up on them.

I chose to ignore that review and bought myself a pair for a trip out to BC.

By day 2 i was soaked. The actually kept me pretty warm, butthey did not keep my dry - so I returned them and chose not to try another of the same brand.

I guess sometimes you get what you pay for.

It seems this topic constantly comes up :) .

Anyhow, if you're talking strictly about winter fishing in freezing temps, nothing will keep you as warm as a good pair of bootfoot neoprenes. Nothing.

That's "bootfoot" NOT stockingfoot, boots are attached to the waders. In freezing temps they'll keep

your feet infinitely warmer than stocking foot waders with wading boots.

Bootfoot breathables are also a great option. You've got the boots to keep your feet warm and can layer up underneath for the rest. Also they're a good option for warmer weather and if you'll be doing any amount of walking.

I'll stress again though, if it's for ice cold water only and you're not going to be doing a huge amount of walking nothing is as warm as bootfoot neoprenes.

Also, keep in mind to dress properly with some kind of decent baselayer, a layer of fleece, then something breathable on the outside. That combined with a nice warm toque will do wonders for keeping you warm. Most of your bodies heat is lost from your head...

A bit pricey, but the best bootfoot neo's available are made by Bare. They will last a lifetime however (unlike breathables).

Cheers