to the real musky hunters

bassjnkie

It looks like a 50/50 split. 50% would put them in the books for the money, and 50% say screw it, let it go.

My questions is to the people that keep them. Lets say that you caught this record Musky on a minnow and a bobber, would you say that to the record people, or would you say you use a certain lure so you can cash out on the deal? Most importantly, what lure maker would you say?

Daniel

OCH

There's probably no money in a muskie record. A carp record...now THAT's a good bet. There'd be a few workarounds though. I mean, I doubt very much that Green Giant would want to go head to head against Rapala. So, I would say that the big fat WR carp was caught on a 13" Jake (macedoine pattern) at 6mph over 150' of water. Of course to make it look authentic we'd need to airbrush gum prints all over the Jake. (with Jake's permission of course) Now, we approach Lund or whoever the highest bidder is for a boat sponsorship. Five hundred thousand carp fishermen would need a boat. I think with a little thought, this may work.

ps. Pete, in case you're reading this, macedoine pattern is a black background topped with a bright yellow corn topping and a flame orange carrot overlay. You could save money on 3-D eyes...just paint in a stem or corn silk or somesuch....

I agree with Roy.

See for a sponser for the carp record, I think there will be many carp gear manufacturer knocking down the door. I use a Fox pod, delkim alarms, solar swingers, shimano carp rods, Tica, okuma, shimano reels, Jaxon floats, match rods, feeder rods. PP line, seauger leader, Sasame hooks, owner hooks etc......... Baits: Tandem, nash, mainline, feed etc.................... Before this list gets any bigger, what I'm trying to say is, a true world record carp, will land you more opertunities than anyone can imagine.

For bass, muskie, and so on, eg. You used a rapala lure, st. croix rod, PP line, seauger flouro, and a shimano reel. If you floating on a Lund, than Lund. But it is limited. But than anyone can lie.

Oh, ya sorry for this post in the wrong direction, we aren't talking carp. But let me know if I am mistaken with the other species sponsorship.

Daniel

OCH

It's not even close carper. They say the endorsement opportunities for winning the Bassmaster Classic are in the 1 million dollar range. The prize for winning is a cool $500,000. Bass fishermen are psychotic and incredibly numerous in the states. The BM Classic is an event that occurs every year. The FLW Tour championship pays out $1,000,000 to winner, but if we're speaking endorsements, the BM Classic is the deal.

There are probably half a dozen bass fishing pros making 6 figures of endorsement dollars every year. Actually, I'm probably way off, since the entry fees for the BASS Elite circuit is $55,000. So just covering entries they'd need that much in support plus some money to live on. It could be a significant number.

They've also often said the world record largemouth would be worth a million. Not sure how they quantify that but if it took wearing Fishergirl pink spandex and saying I caught it on Popeil Pocket fisherman using a Banjo minnow, then by golly that's what I was using/wearing... lol

I don't think all other freshwater species combined would compare in terms of sponsorships. But that's just my guess. I could be way wrong. I'm going based on prize purses for competition as a barometer.

Charles

Guest gbfisher
T I would say that the big fat WR carp was caught on a 13" Jake (macedoine pattern) at 6mph over 150' of water. ....

How bout a 15lb plus Sheep head caught at 6 mph on a Legend Perch bait over 60 fow.... :Gonefishing:

IMG_8246.jpg

Was a first and hopefully last for me.... :wallbash:

It's not even close carper. They say the endorsement opportunities for winning the Bassmaster Classic are in the 1 million dollar range. The prize for winning is a cool $500,000. Bass fishermen are psychotic and incredibly numerous in the states. The BM Classic is an event that occurs every year. The FLW Tour championship pays out $1,000,000 to winner, but if we're speaking endorsements, the BM Classic is the deal.

There are probably half a dozen bass fishing pros making 6 figures of endorsement dollars every year. Actually, I'm probably way off, since the entry fees for the BASS Elite circuit is $55,000. So just covering entries they'd need that much in support plus some money to live on. It could be a significant number.

They've also often said the world record largemouth would be worth a million. Not sure how they quantify that but if it took wearing Fishergirl pink spandex and saying I caught it on Popeil Pocket fisherman using a Banjo minnow, then by golly that's what I was using/wearing... lol

I don't think all other freshwater species combined would compare in terms of sponsorships. But that's just my guess. I could be way wrong. I'm going based on prize purses for competition as a barometer.

Charles

I do agree, but most of what your saying is prize money. What I am saying is world record, will you get as many sponsors/money as a 85lb(thats a rounded world record wieght) carp. I think especially shimano will be on hands and knees, throw money at you left and right, because the amount of carp fisherman world wide is insane. UK, France, Italy, Germany, Poland, Canada, US etc....

Other fish, Yes, I understand will will probably get 1mil, but it will end. Where as Carp, you will get a decent amount of money, plus travel the world. But again this is my view on the matter.

Charles, I don't diagree with you in any way, yes bass can bring in tons of money in Canada & US.

Anyways, this site is great, where people all over can share there views, and learn from others, like I have done.

Daniel

OCH

Soooo...I guess we should all keep a list of each species record holders measurements on board...just in case? Would be a shame to pull into shore with the "second biggest" fish and it's too late to release :P

LOL, that would trully suck.

Daniel

OCH

the first picture of the Obrien fish is the last of the set of three up there to be taken.

You guys ever hear of VERTICAL HOLDS?????????? the guts in that fish have obviously ripped themselves free of the head area and dropped into the end of the body cavity, making the fish look skinnier through the front half of the fish- instead of some dimwit's idea that the fish got fatter.

GIVE YOUR HEADS A SHAKE AND THINK ABOUT IT

you guys are really too much sometimes- the term "INTERNET EXPERTS" comes into play here.

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE

this is really bothering me, and I'll probably lose this post-

SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS

why argue facts????

Obrien's fish was caught the same day a muskies canada outing was being held. The fight was witnessed by a few boats, the measuring and weighing of the fish was witnessed by almost the WHOLE group. The record application form was signed by a biologist, and you guys still repute this.

Get a life boys.

Facts are facts.

(GBfisher- that fish is long and has a nice girth- but 27 inches?? Think at least 30-32+ inch girth for 60 pound class)

you ever weighed a fish right after the catch, and then a couple hours later?

it loses weight bud.

The Barefoot muskie weighed 59-11 - eleven ( If I remember right) days after it was caught. It was refridgerated that time- experts figure that fish easily went over 65

FISH DRY OUT WHEN NOT IN WATER

Guest gbfisher
this is really bothering me, and I'll probably lose this post-

(GBfisher- that fish is long and has a nice girth- but 27 inches?? Think at least 30-32+ inch girth for 60 pound class)

YA Think!!??

The fish I am holding is around 45 lbs. I never claimed it to be 65 lbs. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a lier... :whistling:

:Gonefishing:

Hi Grandman,I see I upset ya

#1 pic is right at the dock

#2#3 is after the clean up cause it did not look that way in the bottom of the boat :whistling:

Internal slippage that bad?

One thing you might consider,Obrien is 68 inches, tall the muskie is 58 inches hanging,I suspect there's more than 10 in difference judging by the pic

But I guess we will see down the road

Witnesses? They all had witnesses,most will be diss-credited even with witnesses

A great big fish is an enormous fish to most that never seen one and even those who think they know great big fish ;) (there really are not that many of em that can tell a great big fish ,Thats the one thing I can personaly tell ya)

To me they all look the same

Lets see Williamson 55x 31 = 61 ponds

Obrien 56 x28 = 65 pounds ? (It was 58 in length hanging with the thoat slit) ???????

I have very good reason to question that fish,56x 28 laying and 58 x 28 hanging (with the head slit as it was slit in the boat),the belly change

It was weighed a couple weeks later at 56 pounds,I am suspicious of a fish losing 9 pounds after a a couple of weeks.I have a couple die and a year later they weigh within 2-3 pounds of death some 12 months ago,frozen is frozen.They might loose a couple pounds within the first 24 but I suspect weight loss diminish to nile

You realize Mammoths have been conserved in ICE for millions of years without change unless decomposition had commenced before thorough freezing

the fish GB is holding was 55 pounds ;)

Would be nice,if you posted your name,I like being called names makes me happy and smile

BTW thats the nicest thing anyone said to me all day,you made my day

(I p...e you off) what a great day :w00t:

Just as an info,Fish dont dry out they de-hydrate then decompose unless frozen.

When they die,within 2 to 6 hours rigamortous may set in depending on the surrounding air temps,it may be longer in colder temps ,dehydration may cease if frozen

What do I know Right

Edited by marc thorpe

Guest gbfisher

I'll try and get the pictures showing Ken holding his giant fish dock side with the giant fish at his side. With only one hand even.

Unfortunately I won't be able to get the picture till next spring......Oh well....if Im around still I'll make sure I post it.. ;)

:santa:

Edited by gbfisher

Hi Grandman,I see I upset ya

#1 pic is right at the dock

#2#3 is after the clean up cause it did not look that way in the bottom of the boat :whistling:

Internal slippage that bad?

One thing you might consider,Obrien is 68 inches, tall the muskie is 58 inches hanging,I suspect there's more than 10 in difference judging by the pic

But I guess we will see down the road

Witnesses? They all had witnesses,most will be diss-credited even with witnesses

A great big fish is an enormous fish to most that never seen one and even those who think they know great big fish ;) (there really are not that many of em that can tell a great big fish ,Thats the one thing I can personaly tell ya)

To me they all look the same

Lets see Williamson 55x 31 = 61 ponds

Obrien 56 x28 = 65 pounds ? (It was 58 in length hanging with the thoat slit) ???????

I have very good reason to question that fish,56x 28 laying and 58 x 28 hanging (with the head slit as it was slit in the boat),the belly change

It was weighed a couple weeks later at 56 pounds,I am suspicious of a fish losing 9 pounds after a a couple of weeks.I have a couple die and a year later they weigh within 2-3 pounds of death some 12 months ago,frozen is frozen.They might loose a couple pounds within the first 24 but I suspect weight loss diminish to nile

You realize Mammoths have been conserved in ICE for millions of years without change unless decomposition had commenced before thorough freezing

the fish GB is holding was 55 pounds ;)

Would be nice,if you posted your name,I like being called names makes me happy and smile

BTW thats the nicest thing anyone said to me all day,you made my day

(I p...e you off) what a great day :w00t:

Just as an info,Fish dont dry out they de-hydrate then decompose unless frozen.

When they die,within 2 to 6 hours rigamortous may set in depending on the surrounding air temps,it may be longer in colder temps ,dehydration may cease if frozen

What do I know Right

Oh Marc...don't be so humble ....you know everthing...as you told me before ....you are the " obstacle of truth" :rolleyes: