What's the earliest you've been on the ice?

iceguy

dec.15 2005 guelph lake, 2 weeks of -20 degrees. then a lot off rain thru the winter, cooks bay dec.26 raining. Walked in from Bear Point on

Simcoe in Jan. or Feb. raining, by shore the water was almost over the boots, toboggan was floating and taking on water.

Wow that's earlier for some big water, I feel this year will be a early freeze up. Here's a forcast for air tempertures. http://weather.unisys.com/gfsx/9panel/gfsx_500p_9panel.html There will be ice when the deep purple hovers over us.

we were spread apart fishing the weeds in about 8 ft of water close to shore. open water could be seen from where we were, i aint that stupid now

September 26, 1990 Schefferville Quebec..

I once crossed Lake Nipissing on snowmobile on December 2nd ,1992 and with my truck on the 10Th that same year.

It's looking good for an early ice up here ..some of the bays have more than an inch and 90%

of the ponds are frozen enough to support a 4 wheeler.. If it keeps up like this I'll be splaking in about 2 weeks .

December 16, 2003, on 4" to 6" of ice, a kilometre out from the end of Airport Road on Cooch! That particular morning it was -16, and my carp-fishin' Brit pal was with me, on the ice for the first time in his life. The ice was REAL noisy, he was walkin' like he was on eggs, literally 'tippy-toeing' his way . . . . . all of a sudden a loud CR R R R R A C K!!! A crack ran across right in front of us . . . . I turned around (he was right behind me) and there he was, froze, dead in his tracks, holding his breath, scared to move . . . . I swear he didn't even blink for a full minute! :unsure: I convinced him it was safer to hear the ice 'talking' (as my ol' Grandad called it) rather than silent. Once he got the hang of walking on glare ice, he had a ball, enjoyed this outing even more than carping!

it was around the first week in november,it was also on the petawawa river right near the achry road entrance to alqounquin park northeast gate,we went out on the ice about 3inchesof clear ice to see if we could see any trout under the ice,and to mark the edge of a weedbed for ice fishing later on,so we knew where to put the ice-hut !!!!!! and we could see the trout swimming under the ice it was so cool.....it was also a 5 day cold snap..... :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I fished on lake St.John A few years back on December 13 on 4 inches of good clear ice but didn't get a sniff from any Pike. I've been on cook's bay before christmas as well. I'm sure the up norther's can beat that.

Dont ever mention MY lake again... it is a secret ok?...between you and me...

LOL!

I grew up on that lake..(across from the soap factory) wanna hit it sometime?

a mini OFC g2g perhaps? for those interested?

G.

Last year Dec. 8th, Ottawa River. I've been trying to beat Dec.8th for a while. I've fished the first time on Dec.8th about 5 times so far but never before. At the thickest spot there was 2"

Sorry had probs posting the pix's

Heres a pix from Dec.8th last year.

http://www.fish-hawk.net/photogallery/albu..._ALB%5B1%5D.jpg

And of the guys that were with me.

http://www.fish-hawk.net/photogallery/albu...0c58039a692.jpg

http://www.fish-hawk.net/photogallery/albu...74b7b320f84.jpg

I took Dec.7th as vacation this year for my first day this year.

Edited by wallyboss

Hey Photoz...There ain't no way in hell you can convince me that BritSteve was happier on the ice than when he was fishing with us in P'Boro last summer...

28 December 2002 off Airport Rd...First time meeting Big Cliff in person...

Edited by Beans

Dont ever mention MY lake again... it is a secret ok?...between you and me...

LOL!

I grew up on that lake..(across from the soap factory) wanna hit it sometime?

a mini OFC g2g perhaps? for those interested?

G.

Ger,that would make a great place to have a G2G.

I have been on Little lake here in Barrie,Dec.4th.Shallow lake.