OFN Ice watch!!!

jeffw

I couldn't handle the pre safe ice and post safe ice periods Paul, it would drive me nuts. This guy using the canoe for safety lives there all year long. As matter of fact..the guy I bought off lived there with his wife and small kid year round for about 4 years.

The "little" Lakes in the Barrie area are freezing over as well as some of the creeks. This was today. 4" of blue ice. Don't know what further out brough. I was only 20 ' from shore checking. I hear Couch has turned.

RR

Icedec07003.jpg

Edited by ravinerat

I love ice fishing just as much as anybody, but walking on 3 inches isn't my thing. :unsure:

What happens when 3 inches turns into 2 inches or thinner as you're walking ??? :dunno:

I'll wait for 6 inches + before venturing out anywhere.

If I drown, my wife will kill me !!! :w00t:

Don't be in a hurry.

Be sure.

Be safe.

Be alive for the next report.

I heard that they are ice-fishing in some of the open all year lakes in the haliburton area for splake and rainbows,one report said that there was 4-5 inches of hard blue ice, !!!! :whistling::w00t: so it wont be long now till they will be snowmobiling on it....as long as we dont get a week long warm spell the ice should be there to stay now,till spring....its been about 9 years since all the lakes froze this early they say !!!!...so the ice fishermen are just loving this weather big time....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Well Gentlemen

We drove by Cooks Bay this Saturday afternoon and it was frozen quite aways out......So why don't we have a guessing contest for each area???? My Hubby and I will say DECEMBER 21st! Ice huts will be out! Woohoo!! I am excited!

Lorissa :canadian::P ting!

getting ice fishing gear ready!

Just got back from Brown Bear .... hwy 805 north of River Valley 3" of blue ice and slaughtered some splake. going back out tomorrow if the storm that they're callin' for does'nt materialize.

:canadian:

Not a chance that I'll be goin' out today... can barely see across the street... Blizzard conditions..

Bummer.. :wallbash:

I was wondering if anyone has checked the ice thickness in south bay of nipissing? I know I can't go until the new year. Just curious thats all.

Haven't as of yet. It was looking real good until last night/today. A foot of snow on top of a couple inches of ice isn't real good for ice making. A blanket of snow insulates and brings up the damn slush. I was hoping to get out there next weekend for some R&R at the cottage. Don't think it will happen for at least 3 weeks now. :wallbash: