OK Daytona bound

misfish

Whats the best and safest route? I want to see lots of good stuff .

This is our first trip to fill another dream.

We will be attending the 50th running of the 500 in Febuary, and I want to make this a rememberable trip for the both of us.

Edited by misfish

did you use the Roadtrips link I sent yah?

Have a great time!!

G.

I looked at it G.Then I got a few other things in the mix.Looks like camping and seeing the sites.Oh the tickets are at face value from my sons best friends uncle.Long story.LOL

Best route??? Swing by here and pick me up...

What do you mean ME???????????????I was thinking more like Betty and Leah and ME. LOL

If you still got that motohome,I may rent it from ya,hell we all could go.

Start off at a local track or perhaps go-carts. Gain experience and with that will come success. With success comes sponsership and before you know it, you'll be turning left with the big boys.

Sorry, couldn't resist adapting the old joke... Guy is driving in New York and stops to ask for directions "How do I get to Broadway?"

-Brian

This is our first trip to fill another dream.

We will be attending the 50th running of the 500 in Febuary, and I want to make this a rememberable trip for the both of us.

I don't know which route you should take Brian, but just don't make a wrong turn in Nashville like I did once. :whistling:

Congrats on putting this trip together. You'll love it. First race for the 88 AMP car too. I'll look for you on tv.

Joe were debating on our route.I was thinking I75 on the way down,and I 95 on the way back.I just want to get down there and take a slow trip back.

I,ll be sure to hook up.

Thanks for the offer.

Dan,Nashville sounds like a place I might want to visit.

88AMP WILL BE FLYING. :thumbsup_anim:

Brian...For my money the most scenic route is via Erie Pa...

Get on the I 90 at Buffalo then head south on I 79 at Erie...

Problem at that time of year is that travelling through the mountains can get tricky...

Get a triptik (?) from CAA if you are a member...they warn you of speed traps and construction and point out places of interest along the routes...

Have fun me son...

I like to cross at Ft. Erie, head west towards Erie Pa., go south on 79 down to 77 then on to Columbia, then over to the coast and down through Georgia. As long as you don't get some oddball snow south of Ohio it's a nice scenic drive with less traffic than I-75 out of Detroit, and closer for you anyway. A few minor toll roads but some nice mountain scenery and even a tunnel or two. Watch for the safety runouts for runaway trucks. They're kinda scary. This route takes you close to Charleston and Savannah if you're into old (North American) cities, and Hilton Head is just a few miles out of your way if you want to take some time to drive out on the island to sightsee. If you have time go to St.Augustine. It's got some neat old buildings and streets.

You can get directions for the route from Mapquest or Google but it's pretty straightforward. Just plug in Barrie Ont to Daytona Beach Fla.

JF

Sorry. Should have finished reading all posts before adding mine. You already had the same advice from a few. If you want to take the time by all means go I-75 on the way down. It's the easiest. Cross at Detroit and turn left. Eat at a Cracker Barrel if you never have, especially breakfast. Lots of cholesterol. You can check out Cinci, Lexington, Chatanooga, Atlanta along the way. Use the bypasses. They're well-marked and don't be alarmed at how long they are. Avoid Atlanta at rush hour. Even the bypass is nasty. If you happen to hit it on Sunday early in the day skip the bypass and drive through the city if only to say you've seen it. Don't worry about the boring scenery in Mich and Ohio. It gets way better when you start to hit the mountains, especially Tenn. Watch for the Georgia red clay, and you'll get used to the smell.

Come home via 95 to Charleston, then cut inland to Columbia and up 77 to 79 to Erie Pa, then over to Buffalo etc. It's a pretty drive till you hit Ohio, then you can go to sleep till you hit home.

Have fun. It's a great trip, the first time you do it. After a bunch of reruns it makes airplanes look really nice.

JF

We take the I-79/77 route when we go to Mooresville/Charlotte. If you go that way, unless you want to see Charlston...take the Rout 19 cutoff at exit 57 in West Virginia. Some really nice scenery in there and you go over the worlds highest arch bridge across the New river and there is a neat visitor center on the north side of the bridge. Saves you some time by avoiding Charleston, and you end up on I-77 in Virginia. If you have time, there are the race shops in Mooresville.....got off on route 150....if you want to go to DEI go left and drive till you see Route 3 (there is a liquor store on the corner) and make a right (south).......check out the Mooresville police cars on your right (done up with checkered flags) keep on route 3 (no surprised why its called that) and it will eventually lead you to DEI. You can keep going this way to Concord (and to Roush and Hendrick, Chip Ganassi Racing etc) with a couple of turns on different roads. If you make a right at the 150 in Mooresville and go towards the "Race City USA" watertower, I think if you make the first left you come to (If you go passed the Lowes store you have gone too far) and go down there , I think its called Rolling Hill road, there is all kinds of race shops interspersed in there, mostly Busch teams but I think there is a couple of cup teams in there too. All kinds of neat stuff round there to see....If you need a tourguide I would be happy to oblige :lol: :lol:

RCU.JPG

nrb.JPG

rsh.JPG

I am jealous!!! I hope you have a great time!!!!!

Bill

Bassboy,I will only charge you the cost of fuel to get there and back. ;):D:lol:

Careful what you offer....you may be stuck with me! :w00t:

I cant find my DEI pictures otherwise Id post a couple....

Incidentally......to keep a fishing note in the thread......Talked to my friends in Mooresville yesterday and fishing in Lake Norman is not. Because of the drought this year the lake is down 8 feet......and that cant be good for anyones bottom end, or the fish, and especially the nuclear plant....

Bill

Careful what you offer....you may be stuck with me!

I cant find my DEI pictures otherwise Id post a couple....

My wife said pull that post .LOL

I got a few pic,s from Daytoin a body sent me.

I,ll have to post later as thier on my home pc.

Hey Dawg,I,ll be bring down the good stuff (made in CANADA).I,ll even be offering it around.That should put the rowdy one to sleep pretty fast.HAHAHA

Wow, that's sounds like a great trip. Bring a GPS or pick up Microsoft Street and trips with GPS navigator and use it with a laptop. You'll always know where you are, and where your going. You can also find points of interest along the way. Have a great time.

My wife said pull that post .LOL

I got a few pic,s from Daytoin a body sent me.

I,ll have to post later as thier on my home pc.

Hey Dawg,I,ll be bring down the good stuff (made in CANADA).I,ll even be offering it around.That should put the rowdy one to sleep pretty fast.HAHAHA

ROFL....

We went into Lowes last year for the Bank of America 500 with a cooler full of Canadian beer and offered one to the guard at the gate. He was all ready to take one until he found out it was 5%....then he flat out politely said no and thanked us for offering. LOL

• 2 weeks later...