Australia has the best law ever

Bassloadingzone

I was watching WFN and watched about 1minute of guys carp fishing,(which is far too long) the guys were saying about a law in Australia, where if you catch a carp and put it back in the water alive you are fined $100.00.

I think we should lobby our gov. to do the same.That way we never have to find something else to do when fish-o-mania takes up air time.

SAVE OUR LAKES< KILL A CARP :whistling:

I do not love the CARP it is a fish that should not be in any of our lakes in Ontario

but

removing a few fish will have no affect on them, in lakes that they are fully established

if they just move into a new lake sure I can see it, carp, pike, bass whatever the invading fish is, Kill it fine people for releasing it

but if you look in the tackle stores and see the number of people fishing them and spending big bucks to get them, the lowly carp is moving from being a course fish to the static of game fish

My post was writin with tongue in cheek,but now that you bring it up,Rod extentions, a 40 foot plastic pole, slingshots, cups on the end to bait the fish, action as intense as getting a boil lanced, hope it never happens here. Oh ya and boy do they ever get excited when they land a fish.I think they should and an element to this kind of fishing,stuff a firecracker up the anglers butt, and just as they are about to land the fish lite it up, than maybe we will see a bit of a rise out of some of these guys,

I was watching WFN and watched about 1minute of guys carp fishing,(which is far too long) the guys were saying about a law in Australia, where if you catch a carp and put it back in the water alive you are fined $100.00.

I think we should lobby our gov. to do the same.That way we never have to find something else to do when fish-o-mania takes up air time.

SAVE OUR LAKES< KILL A CARP :whistling:

Not bashing, just my opinion/views.

No apriciation for the sport of Carp fishing. Ya, lets kill them all. LOL. Try catching 42# Common, look it in the eyes, and let is rot on the bank. Then go tell your family you let a living thing die/rot for no reason, just because you dont like them. LOL What a great sport fishing attitude. LOL

Terry is 100% right.

PHOTOZ get in on this. LOL

Daniel

Real sport fisherman

OCH

Edited by Ontariocarper

Not bashing, just my opinion/views.

No apriciation for the sport of Carp fishing. Ya, lets kill them all. LOL. Try catching 42# Common, look it in the eyes, and let is rot on the bank. Then go tell your family you let a living thing die/rot for no reason, just because you dont like them. LOL What a great sport fishing attitude. LOL

Look it in the eye, if I ever get that lonely where I need to bond with a fish and look it in the eye to see if its sad,happy, crying, please leave me on the bank to rot. I guess thats where i went wrong with my feelings on carp, I didnt reach out and feel how the carp feels. See thats the whole problem here, carp anglers are deep, thats why they dont show emotion on them shows,because they accually feel bad for the fish.

Do you tell your family you start with driving a hook into its mouth, pulling it around the water for 15 minutes,ripping the hook out of its mouth with a pair of pliers, and than I let it go cus I wouldnt want to see any harm come to it :wallbash:

P.S. on a serious note to this carping nonsense, do you throw gobies back when you catch them or do you kill them to rot on shore, as much as some hate to hear it a lot of true sportsmen put gobies and carp in the same catagory

Last I checked carp is not classed as a sportfish in Canada, so again save a sport fish and kill a carp :canadian:

Edited by Bassloadingzone

Last I checked carp is not classed as a sportfish in Canada, so again save a sport fish and kill a carp :canadian:

I imagine if you were seriously concerned with saving sportfish in Canada you'd come up with a more creative and less controversial solution than tossing the odd carp you catch onto the riverbank. Got anything else? Maybe if they reclassified Carp as a "Sportfish" it would solve your problem? Why not lobby for that? Give er.

I don't have any use for carp but I still can't see being allowed to leave them on the bank. Maybe having to bury them as you catch them would OK with me..... Seriously though I tried watching the fishing mania thing and just had to laugh because in so many waterways around here those guys on there would lose to a lot of kids with barbie and spiderman rods.... The carp within 15 miles of here (in any direction unfortunately) make anything they catch look like minnows. I try carp fishing for about 30 seconds each year just to say I got one (which I do in that 30 seconds but it can take up to 5 minutes to land one) and I still don't see the thrill in catching one.... But I sure do miss the great fishing that used to be had around here before folks started stocking rivers and streams with them for the sport of catching them....

"Do you tell your family you start with driving a hook into its mouth, pulling it around the water for 15 minutes,ripping the hook out of its mouth with a pair of pliers, and than I let it go cus I wouldnt want to see any harm come to it :wallbash:

P.S. on a serious note to this carping nonsense, do you throw gobies back when you catch them or do you kill them to rot on shore, as much as some hate to hear it a lot of true sportsmen put gobies and carp in the same catagory"

Soon, I do have some power on my side. Paperworks is ready for approval. Then we can put this Bull behind us.

The carp will be a registered sports fish. Come hell or high water!!

Daniel

OCH

I imagine if you were seriously concerned with saving sportfish in Canada you'd come up with a more creative and less controversial solution than tossing the odd carp you catch onto the riverbank. Got anything else? Maybe if they reclassified Carp as a "Sportfish" it would solve your problem? Why not lobby for that? Give er.

Damn, someone out there on my side!! OCH is looking for serious carp anglers.

Sorry cant stand Carp, especially after they invaded my favorite trout stream in the Eastern Townships. I watched the Frenchmen in France carp fish. What a Joke. Hopefully it doesn't happen here. I always thought Chumming was illegal for Obvious reasons. Bring on the Asian Carp.

SAVE OUR LAKES< KILL A BASS :whistling:

There...How does that grab you ???...Us carpers don't knock your choice...leave ours alone...

To each his own...

Besides...that leaves more bass for you to catch...

Edited by Beans

P.S. on a serious note to this carping nonsense, do you throw gobies back when you catch them or do you kill them to rot on shore, as much as some hate to hear it a lot of true sportsmen put gobies and carp in the same catagory

I have a different view of what a “true-sportsman” really is. I do my best to appreciate and conserve our natural resources. I try to take the time to help other anglers out there on the water who look like they need it or ask for it. I spend time introducing youngsters to the sport. I give free lessons on basic fly casting and fly tying lesson. I pick up trash where I find it. I have volunteered in tree plantings. I respect all fish (even gobies) if I decide to release, harvest or dispatch them (when the law deems it necessary).

Having fished for carp for most of my life (I grew up fishing with the Brits), I see an opportunity for kids to catch something with relatively inexpensive tackle close to home in fairly good quantities – Not all kids have parents who own boats or can drive them 2hrs north to go fishing. You can even take the public transit (I do myself) to fish for carp. A 10lb carp to a kid might be considered as that catch of a lifetime. Carp can be caught in a variety of ways. Lefty Kreh (perhaps the king of modern day fly fishing) has mentioned that carp are just as exciting to catch on the fly as any species on the saltwater flats. You can stalk carp in the margins which is a lot like hunting. You can take them off the top using floating dog biscuits or bread or dry flies. You can float fish for them either using waggler floats in Stillwater ponds or trot stick floats down rivers using corn, maggots, worms, bread on steelhead sized hooks. You can sit back in the shade, prop up a rod on a stick and take a nap. You can make carp fishing as simple or advanced as you want to. All methods will work. Some of North Americas most distinguished anglers and writers – IE. Gord Pyzer, Al Linder, Doug Stange and Lefty Kreh have all written about carp fishing and their amazement to how such a fish could be neglected as a viable sport fishery.

The main argument against carp is that they increase turbidity in lakes and rivers when they feed which can decrease the amount of light which penetrates through the water column –The end result is plant life will die. Where I fish, a 50hp motor at the back of a boat doing full tilt can cause the same effects along with increased bank erosion where wakes eat away at the shoreline – Anyone out there who fishes the Otonabee will agree. Placing dams or obstructions in rivers can trap sediments above them causing even more turbidity. IMO, man has done more harm to our lakes and rivers than that of carp. With zebra mussels in many of our watersheds, a little turbidity doesn't seem like such a bad thing.

Carp have been in Canadian waters since the late 1800’s. If you enjoyed the fishing 40-100 years ago, perhaps there’s another underlying cause to a declining fishery. MNR reported that black crappies were decimating walleye fry populations in Rice lake several years ago…Carp often get the blame.

From what I’ve read in books (some dating back to the time of Izaak Walton) and seen in films, the only discernable difference in the gamefish classification is that most “real gamefish” have an adipose fin and are usually either predatory in nature or tasty to the pallet. If carp weren’t related to the minnow or sucked food items off the bottom, perhaps we would see a different means of classification. Suckers, sheepshead, gar aren’t classified as gamefish…Should we throw those on the bank?

Like the USA, Canada and parts of Africa, There are some parts of Australia which are rapidly becoming a Mecca for trophy carp angling and providing lakes for tourist anglers to fish (catch and release). Not all areas in Australia enforce this law. Contact Tony Davies Patrick (aka Globetrotter for more details) – You can google him up for contact information and/or purchase a copy of his book (Globetrotter’s Quest) for his accounts on carp fishing in Australia.

With the threat of global warming, increasing levels of pollution, exploitation and severe harvest of our resources, how many of your beloved “game fish” will survive in the future? I fish for steelhead the rest of the year and currently, numbers aren’t the same as they used to be. I always say carp are the fish of the future…When life throws you a lemon, you make lemonade.

My thoughts on carping

SAVE OUR LAKES< KILL A Bass :whistling:

There...How does that grab you ???...Us carpers don't knock your choice...leave ours alone...

To each his own...

Besides...that leaves more bass for you to catch...

But our choice of fish doesnt kill spawning grounds and get to be 40lbs because it eats all the eggs it can from real fish,pretty sure the MNR feels the same way, or do you still think the carp die off was due to a lack of oxigen :whistling: