e-21 Carrot Stix rods?

cranks bait

I was given a carrot casting rod last year. It is a Medium, sensetivity is decent, but not great. It handles the fish ok. I rather stick to Fenwick, Shimano, St. Croix. The Carrot rod is now in my rod collection. I guess it was worth a try, but carrots?

My review,

Daniel

OCH

I read the write-up after the I CAST show in Las Vegas last spring.

These rods won Best Fresh Water Rod and the overall Best-of-Show awards. With a pedigree like that, you have to admit that they sounded very interesting. The fact that the basic material is derived from carrots is a publicity man's wet dream...What a way to capture the publics attention...The colour is just part of the pitch. I'm sure they could make them green, gray or black if they wanted to.

The important fact is that the rods are lighter than graphite, and have more flex.

The designer is a well known and respected rod builder. On their web site they indicate that there will be a full range of models...BUT...as I recall, only two rods are currently available...Both seem to be based on the same blank, one is finished as a medium spinning rod , the other as a medium casting rod.

Garry2rs