Newer Outboard Upgrade

bassmastermike

Hey Im Looking to upgrade the outboard on my boat looking for a 115 to a 150 Merc Preferably only a few years old i would also like power trim & tilt This is a must !! Thanks in advance BMM

Here is the pic of the boat i want to upgrade it an 18 foot Tracker 1800 TF.

DSC01414.jpg

Edited by bassmastermike

Hey mike,im not sure what size your boat is but if you can get away with a 115 merc by all means go for it !!!! i was reading about the newer 115 motors and for some reason they are the right size motor and are very efficent,for their size they even compared a 130 and a 150 and for the difference in horse power the 115 is miles ahead,the 150 is about 20% more worse on fuel compared to the 115hp....its hard to say on the puter,but i hope you can understand what im saying....good-luck and do some homework before you buy,and check out what im saying about the 115hp...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

All depends what your transom can take for weight. I had a look...only used one at TMarine is a 2004 Yamaha 115HP 4 Stroke power tilt/trim. Asking is $6500 and I can get it for less, I'm sure, if you are interested in going Yamaha. A new 115 Everrude Etec is $10,700

Edited by irishfield

All depends what your transom can take for weight. I had a look...only used one at TMarine is a 2004 Yamaha 115HP 4 Stroke power tilt/trim. Asking is $6500 and I can get it for less, I'm sure, if you are interested in going Yamaha. A new 115 Everrude Etec is $10,700

What do you think about Yamaha??? Thats a really good price for a 4 stroke . I guess off season is the best time to buy do they have any pics on there website??

$190 for an impellor.......WOW!!

I just had the head gasket done in mine for a buck fifty......I had the impellor done last year for $90......

That Yammy sounds like a great deal BTW.......gotta like the yammys!! Haven't heard many complaints about them......it would look nice on the back of that blue boat too :)

Sinker

yeah.. they are telling me it'll take 2 hours to do it and they charge $90/hr then plus parts and tax.. this was at eastern marine systems over in the east end of toronto on leslie..

then i call Klaus marina over in the west end.. they said $190 for parts and labour plus tax...

so i think i'll spend $40? for the book and then $30 for the impeller.. learn to do it from the book.. save myself money plus, i'll have the book already if i have any troubles in the future..

yeah.. they are telling me it'll take 2 hours to do it and they charge $90/hr then plus parts and tax.. this was at eastern marine systems over in the east end of toronto on leslie..

then i call Klaus marina over in the west end.. they said $190 for parts and labour plus tax...

so i think i'll spend $40? for the book and then $30 for the impeller.. learn to do it from the book.. save myself money plus, i'll have the book already if i have any troubles in the future..

Hey Kev ive done my own many times if you need a hand Let me know my msn is [email protected]