First G2G at BoQ

Jeff R

Sorry there are no pics, but unfortunately when you pile 60 lbs layering on an already 2(um)00 (and a LITTLE +) guy, then slide him into a pair of size 11 kamiks, well the plastic battery holder for the camera doesn't fair so well stuck to the sole of said size 11's. For those of you who don't know, this trip was a b-day present ( thank-you Gerritt and Roy for the help) for my oldest son Kyle. Between that and getting to meet and hang out with some great people from this board, it was hard not to be amped up...................We arrived just after 7 am Fri, and was not liking the look of the water....We slowly made our way around for introductions, with the help of DouG, and made our way to over the cabin with Joey, Paul, Shelley, Chuck, and BMMike...............I'd say meeting them first thing in the morning was better than a morning cup of coffee, but the way java was going down, there'd prbably be few arguements to the contrary......After helping them switch cabins, we hung out for bit more, getting caught up in the cheering and booing everytime the flag down at the water changed direction................by about noon, we had pretty much given up on getting any fishing in, as the water was just crazy. So instead we hung out and tried to meet some of the late arrivals, and some of the ones who had managed to venture out in the water.............amongst all the mingling, we managed to sample some of GCD's amazing fish cooking techniques. Mighty fine meal Glen................. After a nice bonfire and more chat, it was off to Saturday...............A big thank-you to Oldphart and Slug for letting us fish with him. They were great company and we had a great time. Although we were marking fish everywhere, we just couldn't put them on the hooks. The best I could manage was 45 ft of 20# line with a few twigs in it............. the afternoon fish was almost as uneventful, but a few eaters were landed. We tried to stay as long as possible so Kyle or I could bring one in in, but after seeing the menu for the potluck, well, fishing was just going to have to wait.................I would like to send a big THANK-YOU to Mike the Pike and and his cabin for hosting the potluck and each and every for the fine fare they brought...I was full just looking....ok, maybe not...But I could have been...............Also a huge thank-you to Joey for organizing the Dave Mercer T-shirts and running the OFC General Store.................Sunday, unfortunately, proved to be as unsuccessful in the fishing department. Well, at least we only have up to go for next year...................I want to thank-all who were there for making it a pretty memorable trip for Kyle. HE hasn't stopped talking about it since. He even spotted Chuck and Shelley across a parking lot on the way home and went running over to say hello...................You all made us feel welcome and feel like we have been part a long standing tradition................If you can't hook into a fish, then try and hook up with this group...they are all amazing

Thanks that didn't get fit in: Corey, Gerritt, Bill P, Bitsmith for letting us crash with them

Shawn for the technical poop chat

Paul, Joey, Chuck & Shelley, for the warm welcome

Goodbye's that got missed: Roy, you were gone by the time we got loaded up, hopefully we'll get to see you next time

GCD, pleasure meeting you, and really enjoyed your cooking,

DouG, lot of fun hanging out with you and sharing stories

Cliif & Carol, Weekend went to quick, but looking forward to see you and my fav fellow WOLVERINE

again

For those that I missed, I look forward to meeting you all again

Jeff

Jeff...G2Gs are about old friends getting together and meeting new friends as well. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself...and hope to see you at other G2Gs. The Lakair one in the summer is a blast as well...there are no floater suits that weekend so you can take lots of pictures....LOL.

This was a great report and pretty much sums up what these events are all about!!

Kyle is a fine youngun, and pleased as anything about his new gear: rod case, rod and reel, tacklebox and tons o lures. No wonder.

Kyle also came first hand into a classic gweech. Now where did I put that down? It was here a minute ago.

Hope to see you both at Lakair.

Hey jeff,it was great to meet you man !!!! :clapping: and your cooking skills are fantastic dude !!!!!!!....man those were amazing cabbage rolls & perogies !!!!! :thumbsup_anim::clapping::blink::worthy::worthy: well maybe some time we can also go fishing,for walleyes or salmon,im glad you got to go out in someones boat and that you found a spot to bunk out for the weekendtlk to you real soon....cheers shawn :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: