Do you think this is a Good Deal

GNODDY

Its a 14 footer Princrafet 1990. Carpets in good condition no scrathes or dents on the hull I didnt get the beam size or the Model #. I have been watching this boat for a while and it hasn't been selling because it's a short shaft boat and you would need at least a 20 to get er going good and a short shaft 20 is hard to come by sometimes.

He told me 1500 but I think even if I walk in there with a 1000 cash and slap it on the table with my trailer hooked to my van he might take it. Its been there since summer.

It looks like the Pro Series 142. I had one with a 20 HP Merc short shaft. It was a great boat. wish I still had it!

It is the 140 Pro. I would put a 15 on it because I have one how was yours with the 20 do you think that if it had a 15 it would still go alright

Yeah, gotta agree with $800. Nice looking boat even for more than 800 bucks but winter is here now. Low ball your offer. If he balks then wait him out for a short while. If he is insulted by your offer then except that and up it after being silent. Remember when negotiating, the first one to speak is the looser.

Your car and trailer parked at the curb and not wanting to keep it for the next 5 months will work in your favour, it may get him anxious to take an offer. Also as you said point out that it is for a short shaft motor and that may be difficult to come across.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.