Oops, rod repair help please

stasbrute

This looks repairable. Sanding with a plug and glue to seal in a nutshell should catch it. Aikmans in Mississauga should be able to do this if you do not have access to someone that works with rods.

Oh...and you can also make your cork clean again (it looks filthy....lol) by a wiping it down with a bit of bleach diluted in warm water. Afterwards, wash it down it clear water.

outdoorguy61

"Leaning".... I think I'd take the "typing" of a rod builder, especially Spiel, verbatim if I was you.

....Verbatim....lol. Well there are other types of glue that would or could work but IMO epoxy is the best because it is for the most part, permanent!

Thanks Wayne. :)

Don't forget to insert a small piece from an old broken rod before gluing the end of the handle back on with epoxy. Every time I come across a piece of rod or a broken rod, I keep it in order to salvage parts when friends come to me with their broken rods to be repaired. When I have enough broken rods, I make some short ice fishing rods for fishing trout, pike and even saltwater fish like cod and halibut in up to 600 feet of water.