Cigarette Smoking . . . . . . (Definately N. F.)

Photoz

The only time I smoke with my kids in the car is on long trips. Smokes just go so well with beer that I can't help myself. And I'm certainly not stopping the car every time I open a beer. Besides the oldest one is 4 and I don't want him learning how to hotbox from a stranger.

well said, and I thought i was the only one :thumbsup_anim:

Leave the smokers alone, they are paying our debt with all the taxes, once they die who's gonna take over? we must teach the new generation to smoke! :clapping:

Oh that's nice.

As usual junk science and media hysteria win out. 2nd hand smoke (STS, ETS, et al) is a NUISANCE not a health risk. Seriously. Was I glib before, sure because there's little hope in trying to convince people already sunk so deep into the anti-smoking doublethink.

In epidemiology - the branch of medicine that deals with the cause, spread, and control of disease - causal results come in numbers. Anything under the number 2 means there is NO casual relationship. Numbers 3 and 4 show mild casual relationship. Numbers 5 and 6 show a casual relationship. The number 7 is a certainty. Put simply, if I drank milk and were lactose intolerant, my risk for feeling sick would be 7 - a certainty. If I drank water, I could expect no harmful effects - 2 or under.

On average the risk number for 2nd hand smoke comes in between 1.15 and 1.20. Anything under 2 does NOT register as a cause. Some studies even came in at slightly less than 1, which means second-hand smoke may actually prevent lung cancer in non-smokers. Anti-smoking propagandists have tried to suppress many of these studies. Over one hundred studies, taken together, show no cancer causing effects of second-hand smoke. There is a slight elevated risk between mothers who smoke in eutero and SIDS, but that is the ONLY harmful effect proven to harm children. At worst, 2nd hand smoke has been shown to excacerbate pre-existing illnesses but DOES NOT cause them.

Sorry, but that's the truth. Here's a primer on debunking the sound bite junk science that is the driving force behind the behaviour control being forced on us more and more: The Facts

Nuisances shouldn't be banned, nuisances being masked behind junk science and supporting intrusive gov't legislation into peoples personal space is down right fascist.

Edit -- Btw TMZ.COM, I still hate the nuisances that are other peoples kids :P

Edited by CLofchik

Wow, cant believe the ignorance of some people on here.

Sinker, do you fish much???

Sounds like you need to wet a line.

KyleM.........maybe you are reading this all wrong. I take non smokers into consideration when I light up. Where is the ignorance in that?

I guess all you non smokers want me to build a separate little building so I'm not smoking outside, or inside? I don't know.....you tell me???

I am doing the least amount of harm to non smokers that I can, with my smoking.....I do it OUTSIDE.......its the people that complain about me smoking outside that piss me off......I smoke outside out of RESPECT for non smokers.......I can smoke in my house with my kids, but choose not to, I can smoke in the car with the kids, but don't. I don't even smoke in my own vehicle with friends that don't smoke....... Where is the ignorance in that?

And yes, I fish......lots....I'd say about 150 days a year on the water, either fishing or hunting. Its hunting season right now though, so fishing takes a back seat until the ice is here. I'd bet I spend more time on the water than you do!!

Sinker