Sorry Leaf fans NF

Bear

Anyone who is a Leaf fan here should only pray that they loose tomorrow and every other game this season so that those bozo's (larry and co. aka the condo guys) put out the same effort to resurrect the hockey that they put in to the basketball team

Teacher's Pension and Larrry T - Please let our hockey team go! Sell it to Mikey I (the Pizza Guy in Detroit!) and bring in some competent management to turn this 40 year drought around!

Go Sens and any other team who plays the Leafs this season

From a LONG suffering leaf fan... (30 years in the making!)

Thank God I'm old enough to remember our last cup win!

Still love the Leafs but I'm getting tired of starting with GO LEAFS GO and ending with GOlf LEAFS GOlf!!!

I feel yer pain. It's a pita watching them hit the ice night after night and knowing that they haven't got the horses to pull out a season. They'll manufacture the odd game as long as McCabe doesn't score against them, or cough up the winner, or the defense doesn't transition in time to actually play defense, but up front they just look outclassed most of the time, even when Sundin is on the ice. It's a trying time to be a Leafs fan. At least I'm old enuf to know that eventually they'll get over this love affair with the Ferguson name and ice a team with winning potential. I wasn't that big a fan of John Sr. and I sure haven't seen anything to make me cheer for the kid.

JF

I feel yer pain. It's a pita watching them hit the ice night after night and knowing that they haven't got the horses to pull out a season. They'll manufacture the odd game as long as McCabe doesn't score against them, or cough up the winner, or the defense doesn't transition in time to actually play defense, but up front they just look outclassed most of the time, even when Sundin is on the ice. It's a trying time to be a Leafs fan. At least I'm old enuf to know that eventually they'll get over this love affair with the Ferguson name and ice a team with winning potential. I wasn't that big a fan of John Sr. and I sure haven't seen anything to make me cheer for the kid.

JF

I hear ya John.

Chris

I watched Gary Leeman, Jack Valiquette and several more ex-NHLers play in North Bay tonight in an exhibition game. I think they could still outplay some of the present Leaf lineup. I have given up on the present Leaf team. I refuse to support the organization that does not give a damn about winning- only filling seats.

Edited by Nipissing

I watched Gary Leeman, Jack Valiquette and several more ex-NHLers play in North Bay tonight in an exhibition game. I think they could still outplay some of the present Leaf lineup. I have given up on the present Leaf team. I refuse to support the organization that does not give a damn about winning- only filling seats.

You should have seen the Leafs whup the Sens' last nite. They weren't awesome but they looked like a team. They took away a lot of the Sens speed advantage by sticking to them like velcro and for a change the big defensemen actually played defense most of the time. I'm not sure if this tactic worked all by itself or if the Sens were maybe a tad flat anyway but whatever the cause the "best team in hockey at the moment" didn't look so "best". Blake hotdogged a little too much but that's his game. The fun thing was that in doing it he showed the Sens that they weren't the only team with flying feet and good hands. Unfortunately he got so caught up in fancy dancin' them that he forgot to put the puck to the net. McCabe only booted one puck that I can remember. I liked it. The game was fun to watch, at least for a Leafs fan. Even our local boy looked pretty good. Bell punished Ottawa, got to the net like he's supposed to and made some nice plays with one assist. I still say his shot the announcer said missed the net went off Gerber's elbow and was labelled "top left". Even Grapes commented on his game afterwards. Toskala looked great, standing on his head to protect the shutout at the end. Maurice is apparently mixing up his lines looking for better combos and when he gets them sorted out so he can max out the potential of Sundin, Antropov, Blake, Wellwood et al it might just be happier days in the Toronto sports bars.

They may not have a Cup contender yet, but they sure weren't shameful last night.

JF

Edited by JohnF

You should have seen the Leafs whup the Sens' last nite. They weren't awesome but they looked like a team. They took away a lot of the Sens speed advantage by sticking to them like velcro and for a change the big defensemen actually played defense most of the time. I'm not sure if this tactic worked all by itself or if the Sens were maybe a tad flat anyway but whatever the cause the "best team in hockey at the moment" didn't look so "best". Blake hotdogged a little too much but that's his game. The fun thing was that in doing it he showed the Sens that they weren't the only team with flying feet and good hands. Unfortunately he got so caught up in fancy dancin' them that he forgot to put the puck to the net. McCabe only booted one puck that I can remember. I liked it. The game was fun to watch, at least for a Leafs fan. Even our local boy looked pretty good. Bell punished Ottawa, got to the net like he's supposed to and made some nice plays with one assist. I still say his shot the announcer said missed the net went off Gerber's elbow and was labelled "top left". Even Grapes commented on his game afterwards. Toskala looked great, standing on his head to protect the shutout at the end. Maurice is apparently mixing up his lines looking for better combos and when he gets them sorted out so he can max out the potential of Sundin, Antropov, Blake, Wellwood et al it might just be happier days in the Toronto sports bars.

They may not have a Cup contender yet, but they sure weren't shameful last night.

JF

Thanks for standing up for the blue and white. I've been a TRUE unwaivering fan of the Leafs for a very long time. I understand the frustration that some of you feel, but our time will come. The time for a Canadian team winning the cup is coming soon. Having a cap has levelled the playing field substantially. Whether is Ottawa, Calgary or any other Canadian team I'll be glad to see it happen. Bring the cup back where it belongs. For those who jump on and off the Leaf bandwagon who needs you. If everyone (especially Leaf management) just let the Leafs really suck for a few years, collect young talent and draft picks they could build a great time instead of trying to patch it together, constantly trying to do a balancing act between building and putting a good (or at least acceptable) product on the ice every year. Does everyone remember how bad Ottawa was? Look what they've done. Are they inline for a cup this year? I think the Leaf management could take a lesson, although the pressure and expectations in the two cities were completely different. Toronto and Montreal are constantly under the microscope. Pressures to produce are different and much more intense than anywhere else. Management are constantly trying to appease stockholders and always put on the defence. They seem to almost be required to spend more time saving their behinds than building a team. I wonder if Bryan Colangelo knows anything about hockey? They need to give complete control to someone like Scotty Bowman for ten years. What a different orginization it would be! It has to start from the top and work it's way down to the bottom. That said I feel that this team with a couple more solid defencemen would be the best team they've iced since the Gilmour years (love that guy) and that under the extenuating circumstances John Ferguson has done a pretty decent job. Honestly put yourself in his position. YIKES!!! I would be curious to see what he would do if he was actually given control and he pulled all the strings.

Edited by kennyman