one more try on the Grand

fatherof3

Kennyman and myself decided to try fishing further down the Grand River on Wed.He arrived at 9:00 and after getting bait and gas we were off.Our plan was to try along the river until we hit the lake.At our first stop we were greeted with this.

100_1989.jpg

Hopes were up but after a while with nothing decided to move further down river.After a small detour( got lost,lol) we were at our next spot.We both had not been here for quite some time and after realizing the area had really changed we decided to go right to the lake for a look.Upon arriving in Port Maitland we saw this.

100_2001a.jpg

100_2032.jpg

100_2038.jpg

Not the greatest fishing conditions but gave it a try in a sheltered area.Here is a pic of Kennyman trying his luck.

100_2014.jpg

With no luck here we went back to the last spot and found a spot to fish for a little while,again in vain.After that it was time to leave as I had to pick Ethan up from school.So we got skunked but was nice to get out again together and got to see the countryside.Maybe next time there will be pics of something that swims,lol.

The pics turned out good "father of 3". Glad we didn't bring the tinny LOL. If it was warmer it would've been good conditions for surfing Hawaii style. I guess we could have stayed in Caledonia, but you really need waders there to get in the middle and ahead of the current so you can hold the bait in the "fish highway". I need to put them on my Christmas list, with a new pole (mine got a little shorter a couple weeks ago). Had a good time anyway I guess. Good company anyway.