Odd request. N/F

Nanook

:rolleyes:

I'm in the process of carving a Turtle [No, not practice for Christmas ]. I've got the shell, legs, scales, claws done,but I'm stumped on the belly portion [ Plastron ].

I've checked Libraries, Carving books,even contacted the ROM, :blahblah1: Nada !!!and its too late in the year to try and find a live one around here.

Would any of our Southern Brethren, have any Pic's of the underbelly,or could get one? If you can help, I would really appreciate it.

Please e-mail or PM if you can help.......and THANKS in advance! :worthy:

If you're not too fussy I'll see if my friend can get one of one of her red footed toirtes :) Actually they had 8 or 9 turtles at one point, fairly good size too, I'll ask her if she has any photos and let ya know.

Seems Roy beat me to it :D

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

:thumbsup_anim:

Roy, Roy, Roy. to the rescue again. You are indeed a hive of information. I should find something there. Thanks again!

Moe,Thanks, see what you can do at your friends.Looking for a closeup,for more detail.

Thanks again Guy's

Dabluz....Tried the Pet Shop idea earlier,but the ones I tried dont carry Turtles

Clausewitz.......... I carve from Basswood mainly, cant afford the exotic woods.

Thanks to all for the replies, the turtle is finished now, just waiting for the painting now. THATS going to take a while. Cant paint worth a s***. LOL !!

Clausewitz.......... I carve from Basswood mainly, cant afford the exotic woods.

I've taken to collecting nice pieces of wood where I can. A friend was putting in a hardwood floor that is a type of exotic ironwood that doesnt need stain to give it that beautiful red/brown and I snagged a piece of that.

A piece here, and a piece there gives a nice collection. Looking forward to seeing the finished product, have you taken pics along the way to show the process?