Theiven Critter

Whopper

Ok don't laugh, I'm going to try to catch up with some of you guys so I had to start somewhere lol.

This little fella was stealing green tomatoes that I had picked off my plants and set out to ripen.

Anywho all the pics that I have ever posted have been untouched and after seeing what you guys have been doing I going to try to follow suit so to speak.

First shot raw I know it has red eye but I thought it was fitting for the little devil

backyard004.jpg

Reduced the red eye

backyard004revised.jpg

lighten up but left the devil eye

backyard004revised2.jpg

Like I said I had to start somewheres

Cheers

OK. Hang on a sec Phil. How many shots did you take here? I didn't notice at first, but now I see that all three shots are lined up. Anyways, whatever you did, I took the three shots and did a very quick HDR conversion to them. Here's my 5 second result.

backyard004And2More_tonemapped.jpg

To get rid of red eyes..and this is the best way...pull it into a photo editor like Photoshop or Gimp and use the elliptical marques to draw a circle around the iris area. On a new layer, fill with a color that is close to black...don't use black though it won't look real. Deselect the circle, apply a small guassian blur ( 1.5 px should suffice, depending on image size) then reduce the opacicty of the new layer to about 85% or so. red eye gone and looks real.

OK. Hang on a sec Phil. How many shots did you take here? I didn't notice at first, but now I see that all three shots are lined up. Anyways, whatever you did, I took the three shots and did a very quick HDR conversion to them. Here's my 5 second result.

Dan the HDR conversion looks sweet!

The first shot is the original without any touch up (underexposed), second pic is the first edited to get rid of the red eye (still underexposed though) like Rick was taking about and the third was taking the first pic and brighten it up but I left the red eye in on purposed. I'm using Photoshop CS2.

Like I said "got to start somewhere" and the only money out of pocket was me buying the user guide for the program, my son gave me the CS2.