CU300DSV or CU200DHSV

Beats

Hey there, just wondering if I can quickly get some help on a choosing a reel to buy. I've found some rather good prices for baitcaster reels and was wondering if you guys can suggest whether to go for the CU-200 DHSV or the CU300DSV. I'm stuck between these 2 models. The price difference isn't an issue, I just don't know which I'd prefer. The 300 is newer I suppose, but the 200 has a higher gear ratio. Any suggestions? I'm kinda leaning towards teh 200 just because I know alot of ppl have it and are happy with it. I can't really understand what's all that new and better with the 300 to make it cost more and have a lower gear ratio. I would primarily use it for bass fishing and would like to be able to use it for many different styles/techniques of fishing not just burning it in as fast as possible.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I went with the 200 DHSV and got it for a good price on Ebay brand new. I agree that the 300 is basically just a bigger spool. Not something I really need. Thanks again. I know lots of ppl on here have the 200 DHSV and have said many good things about it, so I'm excited to get it. On a side note, I'll be getting a new rod in the next week and was wondering if anyone has a general opinion on a good match for this reel?? I fish from shore 99% of the time and mostly fish for bass and pike. Probably a medium action type rod would suit me best. Any suggestions?

The Curado 200 comes in 5:1 or 7:1

The Curado 300 comes in 6:1, still a faster than avaerage retrieve.

As well as larger capacity, it has heavier drag. I think this reel is a great low profile alternative to the Calcutta and other round baitcasters usually intended for stripers, muskie and saltwater jigging.

For mostly bass fishing I'd go with the 200 DHSV as you have. I have the same reel and it's light years better than the Citica I upgraded from.

-Brian