Lure sealer

ecxstriper

With fall bass fishing coming to a close I'm strating to think about turning my own wooden plugs for next spring. There are 15$ to 30$ each and I need something to do fishing related.  I need to find a good sealer to soak my truned plugs in before I paint them any suggestions?

Guest skeeter99

boil in linseed oil for about 2 hrs, put on white basecoat, paint ot desired colour, apply 5 to 7 coats of clear epoxy

well at least that is what I have done in the past

all info can be found here

http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/index.php

great site

click on forums and select hard baits tonnnnnnneeeeeeeessss of info

Been making my own plugs for a few years now. Have tried virtually "everything". What works best for me is Envirotex Lite. Get it at Michael's Craft Store when they have a 40% off coupon.

Seal lure with it, sand lighty(fine sand paper or Scotchbrite), paint , seal again. I use 1 coat for some baits but if it's for MR Esox I use a couple of coats--I do not pour as the directions tell you , I brush it on with a cheap disposable brush. If you get bubbles, simply blow/exhale on it, as the CO2 in your breath will bring the bubbles to the surface & burst them. Be certain to mix very well and let dry -be patient!!

Need anything else PM me & I will try to help.

Be warned! This part of the hobby is VERY ADDICTIVE. Especially after you get a really good fish on your own lure.

FT