Steel today

kemper

Well, headed out for steel today at first light, and even after three days of on and off rain there is still no water in the creeks. I fished for an hour with nothing untill I decided id practice my long distance release on a nice male bow. Fishing heated up for about an hour after that with some small trout caught, but nothing worth taking a picture of. My float went down on a drift and FINALLY some weight on the other end of the line, but wait it doesnt feel like a bow. Nope, definatly not a bow but not heavy enough to be a salmon, what is it? A big FAT female brown. Exactly what I was looking for.

Didnt put up much of a fight, but the roe sure looks good in my fridge. I was kinda surprised that she was still around and full of eggs, I usually dont get browns this far into november.

Sorry about the crappy picture, cell phone camera and the fish would not sit still so shes pretty dirty.

gallery_256_231_1.jpg

Looks like a good match for this guy, that I caught earlier this season.

gallery_256_231_87944.jpg

Edited by kemper

Great job Kemper! I was out at a local trib yesterday (Friday) mid afternoon...took a look at the water and also couldn't believe how low and clear it was considering the rains the day before. I only spent 40 minutes drifting in pools I knew there were no fish in....cause I could see all the way to the bottom....LOL.

Wonderful, actually. I was somewhat surprised because I have never eaten a brown, and this one was larger than any other trout that I have kept. If Im keeping a trout for the table it is usually 3-5 pounds. This was was closer to 9 -10.

By the way, I tied up 200 roe bags in clear, red and my new favourite blue (yes, blue) today. Roe is MINT.

actually if you look its a brown because there are nine black spots on the gillplate, three and a quarter orange spots on the belly and the tail has 8 horzontal lines of brownish spots all with 9 spots in them. :blahblah1::wallbash:

thanks guys!

now we just need some water, I WANT SOME STEEL!