Deg's first and second muskie!

SlowPoke

Hooked up with Don (Deg) today for breakfast in London. I just happened to have my boat/gear with me and Don just happened to have his gear with him so we went for a drive.

Before we know it, we're floating around washing lures. It was a slow start for everyone around us and I don't think we saw the first fish caught until 9ish. After that it was fairly steady.

We had no luck until Don put on one of "bricknblocks" inlines and the reel started to sing. It wasn't a big fish but it started with "M" and rhymed with husky. A fairly short tussle and it was in the net. A bit of a belly on this one I would estimate around 36" and it was certainly fiesty in the net at boatside. Don removed the hook but the lure was still tangled in the net when the fish tried to make a break for it. It was half out of the net and Don let it go so it didn't carve itself up on the lure. Sorry, no pictures of Don's first muskie but we felt better knowing it swam away clean and healthy.

It wasn't too long afterwards that we would get the kodak moment.

Don's rod begins to sing and this one felt a lot better. A good fighter but we didn't know how big until it was near the boat.

Tease....

DSC01372.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

Into the net and a smile for the camara

DSC01375.jpg

A very healthy looking 45"er!

A great day on the water with Don, outstanding weather and a heck of a lot more fun than yardwork!

We'll do it again Don, I have to even the score!

-Brian

Edited by SlowPoke

Hey Brian great job driving the boat and your really good with the net too

I did the yard work in the morning raked up 7 huge orange bags of leaves then I was off to The Richelieu River to try out my new trolling plate.Was with GlennK and his son and My boy Ryan we all got a skunking but we did see another boat land a Pike and a very nice small mouth bass.

Looks like the boat is ready for Quinte.

Thats a fine looking Muskie your friend Don caught .

I thought you were going to Quinte with Don tracker.Oops

Thanks for the pics and report.MTP :canadian::Gonefishing::clapping:

Great report Brian! If it'll make you feel any better I was out with BricknBlock yesterday chasing after some muskie. 2 small muskies for me and none for BnB, he did have a follow though. (However, I had 3 follows :whistling: ) BricknBlock does make some awesome baits. Glad they worked out for you 2 yesterday. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by fishnsled