Winter outwear Question.

Tybo

I wear insulated Carhartt clothing during the winter. In fact I may be wearing it tomorrow for the first time this season. I buy all of it on E Bay for about a third of the price that it costs up here. It gets cold up here Tybo. If it works up here, it should work down in the balmy south.

DanC

Carhartt are definetly warm, but Richmond Hill is not as a cold as Thunder Bay in the Winter so there is a lot of slush out there . And the denim like material of carhart stays wet too long. I am from Northern Ontario myself and I worked outside in Ottawa for 22 years since I left Up north. and we have to wear different clothes down here.

Tybo I haven't tried T-Max but it seems to be similar to Goretex for the cold .

Whatever you're looking for Tybo, look on E bay first. I buy all of my work clothes there now. I've bought the same things that are 1/5th of the price on E Bay that they are at Marks. Happy shopping and stay warm out there Bud...

If your looking to stay warm on the coldest of days check out the Arcticshield products. It is more than hunting clothing as I've worn it ice fishing in Northern Ontario and been more than comfortable.

They use something called "Retain" to reflect back your body heat--waterproof as well--nice stuff.

If you can't find a dealer in your area -- www.arcticshield.ca

Hope this helps