Early morning for musky

Weeds

Hey, I'm taking my brother out for a shot at his first musky tomorrow morning, we'll probably fish for a few hours between 8 and 10. It occurs to me I've never caught a musky before 10, mostly cause I rarely fish all that early but do musky typically go on the feed early or late? Thanks,

P.S. I know 8 is not really all that early but you get what I mean.

Edited by Weeds

Back in September I was fishing a bass tourney on Lake St. Clair, my partner had 2 musky come up & take his fouled lure off the surface as he was retrieving it & I had one bite me off at the boat as well. This all happened between 7:00AM & 7:30AM. A week before that a another guy I know caught a 46" musky that attacked his 10" smallmouth & wouldn't let go so he netted it. That happened before the sun came up.

Muskies will bite at any time of the day, and the transition from darkness to daylight is certainly a trigger for them, but I've always had my best success in the hour before sunset and the 2 hours that follow.

8-10 AM isn't really a transition from anything but is ceretainly a good time to try your luck.

Just remember, you'll never catch one from your living room, and if 8 - 10 is the only time you can get out on the water, then that is the best time to give it a shot.

Best of luck and don't ferget to let us know how you make out :Gonefishing:

I posted these 2 pics about a month ago, but both these fish came on the same day and within 15 minutes of each other, and both as the sun was just breaking over the horizon.

Again, a transition from one thing to another

Cnv2162.jpg

Cnv2163.jpg

And tinbanger, I think our boy, Musky Wayne, is gonna become someone to reckon with :thumbsup_anim: