Introduction & First Salmon Report

tdotfisherman

Hey OFC Community,

Let me formally introduce myself. I'm Jay, 21 years old and I live in the East York area of Toronto. I stumbled upon this site about a week ago and was amazed at what an active and interesting fishing community this is. I've been hoping for something like this for a while, but never found the board until now. I'm definitely stoked about talking with y'all about fishing and basically anything else.. I've been into fishing my whole life, since I was 6 years old and caught my first Smallmouth Bass. I was ecstatic then and I've loved fishing ever since. Pretty much my whole life I've been a casual fisherman, only doing so at cottages, but I'd say in the last 6 months or so I've really gotten into it, started buying more tackle and equipment, and doing more research about fishing, I'd now say its one of my main passions in life.. I try to get out fishing at least once a week, and I've been keeping that up pretty much all summer and fall..

I've loved all the reports that people post here, they're so interesting and informative and all the pictures that you guys post of your catches are fantastic.. Really gets me pumped up about fishing every time I visit the boards..

Alright, enough of that intro stuff... onto the pictures..

Most of the fishing I do is up north, and not on the great lakes, so I've never really fished for Salmon at all before. This fall I decided to try my hand at landing a Chinook, and I successfully did so for the first time this morning at one of my favorite local fishing spots.. Needless to say I was quite happy, even though it was quite a bit smaller then some of the big bulls I saw jumping and swimming around. It took me about 5 minutes to land, but once I got it in we snapped a few pictures of my first salmon, and released it to swim another day..FYI it was caught at 8am and on a Rapala jointed minnow around the edge of a weed line..

The Catch:

chinny1.JPG

and The Release:

chinny2.JPG

Thanks for looking all, look forward to talkin' with you all!

Wow...what a great introduction! Welcome to the board....you've found the best on on the net too! Pull up a chair and stay for a while. Congrats on your Salmon...the colours have really turned in the past few weeks.

Oh yeah...I only have one thing that concerned me.....too bad you're a Jays Fan....LOL

Wow.. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, much appreciated, and glad you liked the pic's.. Next time I go wet the line for some salmon I'll post more photos...hopefully of one with substantially more girth!

Kevin- I'm around Danforth & Victoria Park

Ccmtcanada- Don't you dare be bashin' my Blue Jays, lol..