New rod tip top guide needed

musky66

I snapped off about 4" of my St Croix musky rod the other day in my haste to get it out of the rod holder. I need to find a tip-top guide to fit the diameter of the blank. Anywhere close to Toronto or North to Georgina?

I am going to jury rig the old one to get me through the next few weeks.

I brought a busted Avid in to the retailer where I bought it last week. He happened to have the same rod in his racks, so he just gave it to me.

I'd try and get it replaced before I jerry rigged it...

Another route would be to deal direct with the St. Croix rep here in Ontario, Bob Mckenzie I believe.

They sell a nice rod tip repair kit at Bass Pro Shops. I had to buy and use one last year. The only bad thing about the kit for me was the crappy melting stick glue you have to use. It held my new tip in place for most of the year but just recently let go... I will redo it using crazy glue I think something that will hold it forever. Nice choice of three different tips in various sizes so you should find something to match your blank.

Fuji Rod Tip Repair Kit

I snapped off about 4" of my St Croix musky rod the other day in my haste to get it out of the rod holder. I need to find a tip-top guide to fit the diameter of the blank. Anywhere close to Toronto or North to Georgina?

I am going to jury rig the old one to get me through the next few weeks.

Go to JB's, Croix's have a good warranty.

Brian at JB's replaced a tip for me on the spot, no charge, after I turned down his offer to contact the mfr for a warranty replacement. He used a type of powdered epoxy that he activated with a small butane torch. It took less than 2 minutes.

By all means give Brian a call.