Inline Planer Boards

Dondorfish

Bought a set of the orange (red) inline planer boards for use on Quinte. It says to let out between 30 and 50 feet of line out behind the board. I usually let out around 150 feet or better behind my planer boards. Is the 30 - 50 feet what everybody uses or is that just a suggestion?

Thanks for any help

Don

Might want to pick a set of clip on weights. It allows you to run different style baits other then deep divers for deep fishing behind the boards. Just clip them on 30-50 feet ahead of your bait.

Also try to run your set ups with braid and then flourocarbon. You will miss alot less fish that you never knew hit the board bait.

What Tony said, or if your out in waves like they saw last weekend, I'd give 40 -80ft behind the board a go. You won't see those fish on your finder, but I have seen them up near the surface, top 15 ft of water, during really windy days. If your going to give shallow a try, just be sure to let out at leaset 150 to 200ft of line, from the boat to the board.

HH

Don I usually let out 150 ft to 200 ft and 50 to 75 out to the side.I vary the second board sometimes less out sometimes more.

I hope you bought the orange boards from Church tackle (The walleye Board)They are much better than the offshore boards.

See ya soon.Mike

I prefer the C-4 brand of inline planer boards...