Sunday Afternoon Project

Spiel

....Well I had a few quiet hours this afternoon (no kids) so I decided to sit down and get my new rod started. I've attached a few pictures of the progression of a four sided chevron butt wrap.

Oh my, four hours of eye blurring work and a sore back....lol. But it'll be showy when it's all completed.

med_gallery_9_87_36760.jpg

med_gallery_9_87_58155.jpg

med_gallery_9_87_84929.jpg

Wow you must have a steady hand to put that decal on. Just think of all the time it would take if you did it with thread. Just think another 14 hours to go and then you can work on the handle.

Art

....Oh you are a funny one. :D

And just so you know, the handle is done....

med_gallery_9_87_22286.jpg

Pretty sweet lookin start,..I admire the hard work, dedication and craftmanship from all you rod builders....my only question is,..can you clean it easlily? I peronsally fish with roe and skein,...(as well as jigs, flies and pinkies),...but my rods get to be a mess real quick when the action is hot,...acetone works well to get that roe juice off,..but its not that easy,..I would hate to see a masterpeice all gummed up....just wondering as I would love to build my own rod one day!!!

Pretty sweet lookin start,..I admire the hard work, dedication and craftmanship from all you rod builders....my only question is,..can you clean it easlily? I peronsally fish with roe and skein,...(as well as jigs, flies and pinkies),...but my rods get to be a mess real quick when the action is hot,...acetone works well to get that roe juice off,..but its not that easy,..I would hate to see a masterpeice all gummed up....just wondering as I would love to build my own rod one day!!!

....Don't think I'd get into the habit of cleaning up my rod (custom built or not) with acetone Milty it is a solvent after all. Best suggestion is not to get roe goo on it at all (remove bait before setting in hook keeper) but if you do, warm water, soap and some gentle (persistent) scrubbing. If it's really bad trying wrapping a wet soapy cloth over it and let it soften.

Is that for me? Its my colour.

....Ah no, sorry Glen. :)

....Don't think I'd get into the habit of cleaning up my rod (custom built or not) with acetone Milty it is a solvent after all. Best suggestion is not to get roe goo on it at all (remove bait before setting in hook keeper) but if you do, warm water, soap and some gentle (persistent) scrubbing. If it's really bad trying wrapping a wet soapy cloth over it and let it soften.

....Ah no, sorry Glen. :)

I've found that Fantastic works pretty good at cleaning up cork handles and roe goop.