Reel Repairs

Photoz

I used to hear people reccommending one or 2 guys who ran a small part-time repair shop over near Warden & Finch (Scarberia) for rods & reels . . . I seem to have misplaced their info? I have a 2000 Symetre I use on a rod for perch / crappies that needs an overhaul, and Aikmans is a bit far (40 minutes across 'Suicide Alley') for something as simple as a good cleaning. Apparently Lebarons has the 1000 & 2000 Stradics on for $130.00, but if I can get my 6 year old Symetre back in good working order (handle sticks a bit when rewinding) for about $25.00, right next door, that's the way to go. Any info on these guys would be appreciated. T'anks.

I know who you mean Steve, but I've lost his phone #

I took a couple reels to him 2 years ago for tune-ups and he told me to come back in a couple days to pick them up. When I came back to get them, he told me reel #1 needed some new parts, but he didn't bother ordering them :dunno: When I asked him how he made out with reel #2 he just shrugged his shoulders and said he never looked at it, and handed them both back to me :dunno:

When I asked why he disn't fix them, he just said :dunno: ........again

I got the impression I was intruding on his time, so I took them out to Aikmens who fixed them up like new as he always does.

It's a long drive out to Aikmens for me too, but ya gets what ya pays for ;)

Yeah h h h h . . . . the 'Pharmacy & Finch' likely was 'Bridletown,' (one block east) AND it has been a long time since I've been out to Aikmans, but I guess I'll be goin' again next week . . . at least when ya give them something to fix, you can depend on them getting it fixed. T'anks for the heads up Lew!