BOQ. Weather Warnings ggggrrrrrrr

fishindevil

Public WarningsMarine WarningsSpecial Weather Statements Warnings

Picton - Sandbanks Park

6:52 PM EDT Saturday 27 October 2007

Wind warning for

Picton - Sandbanks Park continued

..Sustained winds of 60 km/h with gusts to 80 km/h this evening for communities in Prince Edward county..

This is a warning that damaging winds are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A low pressure system over southern Québec continues to intensify and move into central Québec. In advance of a sharp cold front moving across southern Ontario..Strong southwest winds of 60 km/h with gusts to 80 will pound communities immediately adjacent to portions of the shoreline of Lake Ontario. These strong winds developed over northeastern Lake Erie this afternoon but have since begun to weaken as the cold front shifts the wind into the west.

The following are peak wind gusts which were recorded this afternoon..

Long Point..69 km/h with gusts to 80 km/h. Port Colborne..64 km/h gusting to 78 km/h.

The strong southwesterly winds have reached 61 with gusts to 72 km/h at Point Petre in Prince Edward county. They will persist until later this evening when winds begin turning into the northwest.

I copied this from the weather forecast tonight!!!!!!

well its pretty obvious,that fishing is pretty much not going to happen,dam wind....ive been trying for 3 weekends now to get down there and get some walleye fishing going,but with weather like this every saturday & sunday its frustrating to say the least....so i just thought i would post this in case anyone was going down tommorow morn....DEONT GO....satay home and be safe,oh well im off for about 10 days on this thursday so i will at least get in a few day trips before our big quinte weekend comming up in a few weeks....cheers

Edited by fishindevil

yes i hear you wayne,i just heard from mike the pike and they just got back too,and said its nasty...well i already decided that im not going im going to help cliff & carol with their new boat tommorow and help/show them some tips and stuff for maintaining the new boat...so its all good,ill get there a few times yet this fall so its all good...but man i just checked the trenton airbase and kingston,and its like a hurricane down there so it better calm down alot or someone might get into trouble down there this weekend....