Flushing Engine

mattyk

Howdy yall. Ok i have a little bit of a silly question. i just baught a pair of ear muffs that you attached the hose to for outboards. Im not exactly sure of where to put it. The only place that i have found is right above the prop on the little wing thing (i dont know the technical name of it) But if i attach it to this place the prop will smack it. So do I have to remove the prop to do this, or is there another place on the outboard that i am not looking to attach the hose to with the ear muffs. Thanks. by the way I have a 15hp 4 stroke merc.

Guest skeeter99

you cant put them on the back side opposite of the propeller and slide over intakes for water pump, but watch they dont pop or slide off when running engine, they are designed to go on front over prop when they are on this way they will not fall off, but since smaller lower unit they will not have enough space to fit in because of prop.

why are you flushing? were you in saltwater?

Edited by skeeter99

Do you have a neutral on your motor? The prop won't smack it if the engine is not in gear. As for placement; they muffs need to cover the water intakes in order to function. Make sure that water is coming out of the tell tale hole on the motor so that you can be sure that you are getting water trough the pump.