Topics deleted too

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Now my topics are deleted? Did someone have some kind words to say?I think I'm done for this season. I'll only post if I catch a musky over 48 inches!See you guys next year.

Johnny, e-mail me your reports! You are and always have been one of my favourite reporters to read about their outings! I missed your post, but I'm sure it was deleted because of others' stupid comments. Don't let 'em get to ya.

I had a thread deleted - I think it was just around 6:00am on Oct 20/7 (Saturday). It was quickly deleted - real quick.

The thread was about a used sock going on the auction block on E-bay.

After realizing that my thread was deleted, I went to a web site to check the moon phases for October 2007. I wanted to find out the day on which it will be a full moon. I do not believe it but during the period of a full moon, some people do strange things. On October 25 (today), it was a full moon.

I did not think that my tread was offensive at all. But I must have been stupid to not have known that it was or that it might be. It would have been nice for the person deleting my thread, to have sent me a PM to tell me why it was deleted. Because I was not informed, I am still stupid and of course there is nothing to stop me of again posting a similar thread in the future.

carp-starter

Pumpkin.gif

Ed Zachary. Seems a little obnoxious, without knowing all the info. Heard that one before a time or 2.

This is really a question of and to the Moderators.

Be it resolved that, for a positive and involved experience for the members and readers who drive traffic and income, that posters judged to be in contravention of our agreed rules be informed why or in what way their submissions are are in default, by direct communication, with clear direction for remediation where it is appropriate.

I can argue for the affirmative. Anyone?

Generally, when the posts are of an obvious ( to the reasonable person) violation, no notice is given. It is our common policy to inform people why posts are deleted when possible. The last post I can see that was deleted belonging to Johnny was one complaining about threads getting locked. It is the basic rule here and on 99% of all internet forums that such complaints be done privately. It is in the rules agreed to by all members when they joined. This one too shall be locked and perhaps deleted. The reasons, by now, should be obvious.