Boat layout

duckdog

Ok well guys here's the plan I just bough a quite old prince craft welded with trailer that I am going to strip down, I have a 20hp tiller mariner given to me from my father in-law. I fish for salmon on occasion but mainly smaller lakes for pike and walley. What suggestions do you have for a floor layout, I have a transom mount minnkota as well and I do have some carpentry skills and all the tools, I dont have tons of money but hey I can dream, I am open to any ideas from leaving the front on with the windshield to removing it and installing a casting deck, let me know what you think

Nelson

Throw a sheet of 3/4 in marine plywood over the bench seats, make a hole for storage between the 2. Mount those front seats back where they are and mount 2 pedestal seats behind. Gives you a little fishing platform and storage or livewell, and still have minimum weight added to boat. Oh yeah, cover with carpet or vinyl. My 2.5 cents.

Edited by Deano

Are you 100 percent sure thats a welded haul?

You will wanna dry the entire boat out in a garage and then fill it up with quite a bit of water

and look for leaks before you invest any time and money into a platform or floor.

Also, some old bench seats arent aluminum (cant see what the rear seat is).

They are mostly held up by riveted brackets on the haul. If this is the case, rip

the old plywood bench out and start fresh. If they are aluminum then unfortunatly

they hafta stay.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM

I have restored a few old aluminums now.

I tried looking for a post that was put up a couple/few months ago. One of the members posted his brothers boat rebuild (or I think it was his brother :dunno: ) I know a lot of great ideas were on that post. Sorry I couldn't find it, but hopefully someone here, maybe the origional poster? could find it.

Good luck

Maureen

Yup its welded the keel is riveted, the bench seat supports are welded in and the rear side seat is welded in. the boat was half full of water when I first looked at it lol that what got me curious in this old girl :-). I will have a few questions for you later, my little guy is pretty mad at me sitting here lol

Nelson

I was wondering that as well, I do like the casting deck idea but I think I may not use it enough to justify the work, the only thing is my 20hp is a tiller so I would be stuck at the back and not get much use out of the windshield area other then storage underneath

Nelson