Confession Of A Fish-Killer . . . .

Photoz

After going 0 fer 15 (trips) I was thinking of either retiring my rods, or taking a trip up to Costco's fish counter! At about $20.00 for 3 - 2 pound rainbows, a lot cheaper than $200.00 in gas today's trout cost me!! I hit a quiet spot on Lake O., out east, as I wanted to see how good my new 4 pound P-Line would hold up . . . . IF the fish Gods saw fit to lift the curse which I think P E T A musta laid on me!! I was just about to change my roe bag when I thought I saw my rod tip quiver slightly . . . as I walked up to my rod holder, I saw . . . tap . . . tap . . . tap, AHA, somebody is knocking . . . likely a gobie, which I was almost ready to accept. I carefully lifted the rod outta the holder . . . . WHAM!! WOW, almost took the rod right outta by hand, and at the same time a 'silver bullet' EXPLODED out of the water about 200' out, a back flip, and another, then a DOUBLE flip for an encore, got his bearings . . . . and headed for the American side!! I sure was happy to have 300 yards to play with, as he took about 100 before I got 'im stopped! Then, inches at a time I carefully started him in . . . I'd lever him in 10', he'd go back 5', over 20 minutes later I FINALLY had him up on the shore, luckily back a bit from the water, as he dragged my leader over some rocks, and was ALMOST free! I had to sit and rest (and wait to stop shakin') for about 15 minutes . . . that was hard work! I'm setting my sights on some Simcoe perch tomorrow! Is our 'Bragging Rights' tournie still on? Or has everybody lost interest? Does Team 5 have any BIG perch yet?

gallery_77_129_38333.jpg

There is a perch Steve ,however, I am certain with your skill you will be able to catch an even bigger one. I am still trying for the bragging rights, although it seems that most interest has worn off...

Give it a try, what can you lose .... there is so much to gain.

Will look for your post ...

Cheers

Jen