Boat advice

icefisherman

Hi guys,

As you know I've been working hard trying to find myself a newer boat.

What do you think about the Crestliner Superhawk 1800?

I am looking at one and it sits on a trailer that is a bit too long for my garage.

Will it be possible to buy the boat and do trailer swap with a dealer or individual?

The trailer the boat comes with is almost new and very solid. It can probably handle larger boat then 18'.

Very nice solid trailer ....but too big for me. 5 inches too long for my 20’ garage. The width is just right with about ½” left available for squeezing on each side ha ha ha

It should be worth good money.

Do I have a chance to find something a bit shorter but still able to carry the 18' Crestliner without having to pay additional money (even better to get some money back :thumbsup_anim: ;-)?

Also what is your general opinion about Crestliner Superhawk boats 2000 and newer?

It comes with 115HP motor and 9.9 kicker.

It looks nice but I'd like your opinions as this will be my first aluminum boat and a new subject matter to me ;-)

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

the crestliner dealer in riverdrive park/hollandlanding has been know to trade trailers..

but on many trailers you can do an after market swing mod, so the first foot or 2 of the trailer can swing to the side when parked to give that little extra room

I like crestliners myself

the crestliner dealer in riverdrive park/hollandlanding has been know to trade trailers..

but on many trailers you can do an after market swing mod, so the first foot or 2 of the trailer can swing to the side when parked to give that little extra room

I like crestliners myself

Teryy how are Bud?

I did speak to that same dealer yesterday as he was recommended to me by others. Well let me tell you - he almost eat me alive over the phone line. The guy was extremely upset and unhappy with "people like me who buy their boats from the US". I've told him if he had the same pre-owned boat I am looking for on his lot for the same price I'll be there to buy it TODAY!

He kept saying how he has dropped his prices on new boats but agreed he doesn't have what I want in used boats.

So needless to say he wasn't much help. This is why I've decided to ask here as I am sure (as it happened in the past) someone will be able to help.

Thanks,

Ice Fisherman

Make a hole in the wall for the prop !

Well Wayne you maybe jocking but I've seriously considered just that...and not only that....

I was even considering taking the boat off the trailer by jacking it up and putting it on blocks for the winter storage only, while lifting one wheel of the trailer with few neighbours just enough to pass through my back yard gate and leaving it there during the winter motnhs. But the trailer itself is solid and I am sure heavier then normal.

Then in the spring back the same way...jacking up the boat and putting it on the trailer....I was told by someone who has done this type of work for living *delivering boats) it takes about an hour for this exersise....but would prefer not to do it if I can avoid it.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I wasn't joking Emil..wall if you are lucky is a 2 x 6 construction and since the studs are 5 1/2 inches + 1/2 drywall...that might give you what you need... or even build a box in the wall for the motor.

As for blocking the boat...did that every year with our full cabin 26' Tempest. Not something I'd want to try in a tight garage.

Edited by irishfield

Well my garage is not that "tight" or I used to think so until recently as it is double car garage. My problems comes from having two "separate" doors and a column in between. Each door's opening is 8'.

Where one of the doors is I have 20' length but it is less then that where the other door is as the back of the garage is not s straight line and I have stairs there too. The wall that allows me 20' garage length is only about 3'. I can extend that a bit by playing with my stairs but not by much. Should be enough to put the trailer tongue in there though (if not the back of the motor).

I don't mind the tongue sticking out of the door when it is half closed during the summer but would like to be able to close completely the garage during winter.

And since all options are not easy I was hoping to maybe swap the trailer for a foot or so shorter one.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman