Fall Bows

troutologist

Ive been out the last week or so fishing the tribs for rainbows. With the massive rains we've been getting for the last week the fishing had been prime. Ive been going solo for the most part but coaxed a buddy out of school this afternoon and managed to get pic of a nice fresh female. Just got a float reel 2 weeks ago so Im learning how to use it and its a blast fighting fish on it!

Luck to you all with the fall runs

I cant wait til the morning to go back out.

Pics_134.jpg

Pretty fish, great looking backdrop. Thats a great piece of water. Suggestion, i dunno if youve balanced your set up (reel placement on the butt of the rod) and thats where the pin feels good for you, but it looks like youd be doin yourself a favor by moving your pin closer to the backbone of the rod so you have some more leverage (butt end to stick into your body) while fightin them nice chromers. Im jealous as i havent got out yet and much of our water is lacking in my area

Great pic. Thanks for sharing. I miss that river. Hell I miss the whole area. Getting back once a year just doesn't cut it. As previously mentioned have you had a chance to get out to the rapids? Great piece of water, but play safe.

L.