My Week So Far On The River

chickenhawk

Well I am enjoying my week off of school haha! I have been fishing from Saturday all through till today and I am going tomorrow morning as well haha. Saturday morning started at first light and went 1 for 4 on the steelhead with my buddy going 0 for 2 and my other buddy going 2 for 4. There were alot of fish in the holes but by the time the sun hit the water they were all suspended and not interested we fished for a while longer and called it a day around noon. Sunday morning my friend and I went back to the same spot for first light and on my second drift my float went down and I set the hook and SNAP! DAMNIT I hate it when that happens. Anyways my buddy was still putting together his setup while I retied my hook and another guy walks in makes 3 drifts and lands 3 fish. DAMN! But we continued to fish the hole and my buddy hooks into a scrappy 3 pound steelhead that took him for a walk downstream and while he was fighting that fish my float went down and I hooked into a pretty little pound and a half steelhead. HEY! nothing beats a double header steelhead! After another hour or so of fishing we decided to change rivers and there I ran into DMASSE and Bowshep once again nice to meet you again Dave as well as yourself Bowshep. Anyways ended up not catching a damn thing and called it a day. Monday morning was there once again by first light and I hooked and landed 2 nice steelhead by 7:30. Around 9:00 my buddy and I had just the 2 fish so we decided to move upstream and after another hour and a half up there we didn't like what we saw so we decided to go back to the same spot we were in the morning. When we got there we had the entire place to ourselves. Made a couple drifts in a few of the bigger holes with nothing so I went and checked out another hole and looked in and seen about 10 steelhead at the surface and I called my buddy over who had the polarized glasses and took a look into the hole and said WOW!!!!! there are about 30-40 fish in this hole. hmmmmmm.....kept drifting from upstream down on top of them with roe bags and they were not interested. So we tried single eggs and second drift BANG! FISH ON!!!!! Well.....long story short between the 2 of us we went 11 for 25 I am not lying it was a GREAT DAY!!!! Now today we toughed it out in the rain and I caught the only fish with any size to it about a pound and a half. Anyways we took lots of pictures and I even got a video of me fighting a fish at first light but currently I do not have them, I have to wait until my buddies send me them but once I get them I will be sure to post them. Like I said I am going tomorrow again for first light and will post how I made out tomorrow when I get home......how is everyone else been making out this week?? Until then,

Hawk

Sounds like the steelhead fishing is hotting up. Maybe I should give the trib fishing thing a try - problem is I don't like fishing with the crowds.

Looking forward to seeing the pics. Thanks for posting the report.

Good Job. lt was a pleasure meeting you and your bud. The little bows are just practice the biggem's and they are on there way. Peace Ken

You mean you fished with Ken and didnt Catch anything...theres a shocker...lol...usually everyone else is catching,..Just kidding!!!