For Headhunter...

Gerritt

Wow G! Camp "Sleep Deprivation" really put out for you guys this year! Too bad they were all members of the "spotted carp family"!LOL Boy some of those guys are gettin uglier every year!LOL

Yah, I'd love to get up there next year... I think certain people know the number!LOL

Thanks for posting!

HH

Nice fish, they look like crokers.

Mmmmmm....crokers :)

forgive my ignorance.. croker??

These were only a few we caught... we were up there in Killarney for a week (Work project on my Bosses place) and went out in the evenings when we found the time.. I found a huge hump from 50-4 foot of water on the opposite side of the island.. all fish were caught trolling body baits.. we did extremely well, 5 fish per man inside 1 hour was not uncommon.. very few went on the stringer.. mainly one fish on the last day or two as the guys wanted to bring one home to share with the family.. we did have fish one night while there though..

HH knows the place well.. ;)

Gerritt.

forgive my ignorance.. croker??

These were only a few we caught... we were up there in Killarney for a week (Work project on my Bosses place) and went out in the evenings when we found the time.. I found a huge hump from 50-4 foot of water on the opposite side of the island.. all fish were caught trolling body baits.. we did extremely well, 5 fish per man inside 1 hour was not uncommon.. very few went on the stringer.. mainly one fish on the last day or two as the guys wanted to bring one home to share with the family.. we did have fish one night while there though..

HH knows the place well.. ;)

Gerritt.

Croker=slang name for pen reared rainbow trout that have escaped into Georgian Bay.

First gained popularity from all the escapees originating from the pens at Cape Croker

on the Bruce peninsula..

The north channel of lake Huron is teeming with pen reared escapees and they're growing

to mammoth sizes. That's the general vicinty where the new Canadian record rainbow trout was

caught in the summer of /06, also a giant mutant escapee...

Based on the fatness of those fish, the dorsals being a bit raggedy, and a good guess where they were caught I just assumed they might be "crokers".

Maybe not though... :dunno:

Regardless of what they are they're gorgeous fish :)

Wow G! Camp "Sleep Deprivation" really put out for you guys this year! Too bad they were all members of the "spotted carp family"!LOL Boy some of those guys are gettin uglier every year!LOL

Yah, I'd love to get up there next year... I think certain people know the number!LOL

Thanks for posting!

HH

But what do you think of the deck? LOL my labour of love....Mmmmm... Cantilevered Niiiiiiiice.... LOL

G.

Wow-great stuff Gerritt. Betcha those would be great done up in a smoker too!

You built that deck? Cool...HMMMMM I got this project planned for around my place next summer...........................

Well if Joe aint gonna say it, I will.... "Damn overgrown minnows"!

HA HA. Glen You crack me up!

Edited by Nipissing

Hey Gerritt, the deck looks great... a far cry from the adventure the old one was, especially at night... finding one of those open spots could really wake you up!

The current Ontario record trout, yah, that ugly, deformed monster caught by a husband and wife fishin for Picker-eyes was caught no more than 5 miles as the crow flies from the cottage. I would suspect that most if not all of the Bows you guys caught were "croakers"... again, nice fish and yah, the cottage is lookin like it's startin to really come together!

Thanks again G for posting!

HH