Got out With Percher and Bite Me

Mike the Pike

Well I had to drive down the 401 this weekend to attend a funeral for my aunt who died of a sudden stroke a short while ago.A great person is gone and will be missed.

Saturday morning Dan(Percher took me out to a far away location looking for pike and Bass we didn't have alot of time but made the best of it with a short time period.Unfortuantely plan (A) witch was to fish for salmon On Lake Ontario was not going to happen due to the high winds :wallbash: oh well next time.I haven't caught a salmon since 1981.

Dan and I got out fairly early but not without a quick stop at timmies.

Captain proceeded to our destination(Nice boat Dan) :thumbsup_anim: g

133490.JPG

133508.JPG]

Next we picked up this guy dreaming of ....................Having a fish pic for OFC

All those kilometres driven and I didn't catch a thing the pike well they must be back home in Quebec :dunno:

So like Peter said Ontario 2 fish Quebec 0.Dan's catfish shoudn't count it came in tail first.

Here is a shot of Peter with his catch of the day.A little bullhead.

133489.JPG

Well the dreaded time came and we had to go no fish for me :wallbash:

133491.JPG

We drove back to timmies picked up some more Java and had a quick visit over to Peter's where I met his very nice wife and two beautiful dogs.We yakked it up for a bit and I took this shot of the back of Pete's boat.

COREY AND BILL YOU WILL NEED A RAKE FOR PETE'S BOAT LOL.LOTS OF LEAVES IN HER.

133492.JPG

The time came to return home the wind had died down Sunday morning and if I had more time Percher could have taken me out for some lake O salmon.As usual Dan always makes me feels at home and Sue's cooking was Delisious like always.

I had to stop by Basspros shop and pick up some Rod holders for my buddy Kenny.I also needed to find some items I just can't find back home.

First I had a looksy at the boats in the parking lot.

133493.JPG

133494.JPG

Why would any one want to spend almost five thousand bucks

on a giant electric floating pool chair.Now thats one helluva float tube.

Next it was time to go into the store my mom got a great looksy of the indoor aquarium and she picked up a nice t-shirt for my Dad.

133495.JPG

Unfortuanately I couldn't find the rubber net I was looking for.

133496.JPG

While I was in the store I spotted Biteme's rod and reel combo for Quinte :P Peter.

133497.JPG

Darn it was time to go but I must have to say I only spent $121.00 and some was for the kids.

133498.JPG

Some of the goodies I bought.It took me 6 months to find these Lindy tiger tubes.(FINALLY)

Oh and Irishfield take note of the cord for your glasses and I know the camera problem has

been taken care of :whistling: .

Picked up a glow lure charger for only $5.99 looks like a great gadget(Cool)

133507.JPG

I was tempted to buy this face sheild for my tiller would be very handy in Quinte in November.

Looking like Darth Vader in a yellow big bird floater suit was out of the question for $90.

Of course this mask would keep me from buying a boat with wind protection.If they come out with

a model with windsheild wipers I will buy it.

It was good to be with family and friends.

Thanks Percher and Biteme its always great to fish with you guys.

MTP

Edited by Mike the Pike

Hey Mike...them tubes are a bit big for Bass buddy !!! LOL

BTW..what is BPS's price on them? Got raked for $27.99 at Tromblys yesterday. Ordered a bunch of 10" ones today from Redoctober for $15.99 a pair with one rigged/one spare. Think I may have to make some moulds and pour them myself some day.

Nice day on the water with the lads and Peter..get our Team 7 stats fixed up would yah! B)

Hey Mike...them tubes are a bit big for Bass buddy !!! LOL

BTW..what is BPS's price on them? Got raked for $27.99 at Tromblys yesterday. Ordered a bunch of 10" ones today from Redoctober for $15.99 a pair with one rigged/one spare. Think I may have to make some moulds and pour them myself some day.

Nice day on the water with the lads and Peter..get our Team 7 stats fixed up would yah! B)

Wayne I want the tubes for Muskie and Pike been on one hell of a search for them oh and I got em for $17.99 ya they sure are not cheap.What gets me if you snag one on the botton and lose it you don't have the weight and and trebble to hook up the remaining tube.

BTW read the package they claim they catch bass. must be for the big US buckets.

Don't forget to buy a cord for your glasses at BPS :whistling:

:canadian:

Sorry to here the bad news. Glad to hear you had a good trip though. I didn't even think (well ya I did) about going out yesterday it was so windy and wavy. I just wasn't in the mood to fight the boat.

As for the mask. You should have gotten it. I picked one up about a month ago. It is great. My face is nice and warm, no bugs, water, etc.

Mike...before you use those 8" Lindy tiger tubes...make sure the treble trailer is actually swagged in place. Went to use mine today and luckily I hooked it on my reel and cranked it first as I was just getting a back up rod ready. The treble fell of..the crimp sleeve hadn't been crimped. Did that one and the other end fell off. The loop around the single hook wasn't swagged either. Last Lindy product I'm buyin!

Well thanks for the kind comments Gents.

Thanks Wayne for the heads up about the lack of crimping on the treble on the Lindy tube.

I however won't give up Lindy products as I just love the Lindy Rig.

Peter I put horns on you so there would be 2 bullheads in the pic and I didn't know you were francophone Percher was, one so thanks for holding my fish in the pic :P Oh And always great to meet up with you.

Weeds we have Le Baron's here but no tubes next time I will order from the catologue.

Terry once again nice computer skills and no I don't own photoshop it was my first venture with paint.

Peter told me to keep that spot secret so thats the only way I knew how to do it.

Cliff I too am looking forward to meeting you in November.

Cranks Bait you have my attention I may buy the mask it could also be used at Halloween.

:canadian: MTP