A dawg-fish for Crazyhook

lew

Matt, Jamie & I have been having an ongoing discussion for the last 4 years about which is the better musky bait, Suicks or Dawgs.

Jamie became a Suick believer this year, and that was my 1st fish on the Dawg he gave me, although it was sposed to be a musky rather than a pike, but sometime ya can't help what grabs yer hook :thumbsup_anim:

As for cold fronts, we had one go thru here on Friday night, but it didn't slow the fishing down too much yesterday, as Squid & I saw, caught, missed, 6 or 8 muskies & pike. Just had to slow our presentations down and things worked well.

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice Pike. Those bull dawgs have some great action and look great in the water. The problem is that they dont look like they will last too long!

Your right about the durability of those baits JohhnyB, that was only a small pike but he nearly tore the tail off the Dawg. A big fish would make a real mess outta them, but I spose it would be worth it :thumbsup_anim:

Yup, pretty well a straight retrieve Glen.

Not alot of action to them and it's sorta like casting a brick, and that particular bait is about 18" long and heavy, with a long thin tail that flutters like a ribbon cutting thru the water.

Jamie gets alot of BIG fish with them, but I'm still trying to get used to fishing them as their a totally different concept to what I'm used to.

Edited by lew

They just had the PMTT (Professional Musky Tournament Trail) Championships down here in Kentucky this weekend and 1st, 3rd, 4th place teams were all using bulldawgs.

Edited by mattyk

Good thread, Lew. I guess that's why Jamie's selling off some baits in the classifieds. He needs room for all the Suicks he's buying.

trying to get more dawgs!!1

after the last fish I already bought a few suicks :)

\

Lew keep throwing that bait, it is the time! you have to remember the monster I caught on that bait with you :) :) :) :)