New Fishing Partner....I Hope?

Spiel

....Well I finally broke down and got my kids a puppy. Yep that's correct and it's also why I'm up so dang early. I'm hoping she'll be a willing fishing partner, seems she already knows what time of day to get up for fishing....lol

I came across this little girl from a fellow at work who got her at 8 weeks old and kept her for 5 weeks before deciding she had to go. Well he said if I wanted to have a look at her she could be mine for free, barring my not taking her she was likely on her way to the S.P.C.A. So I went and had a look last Sunday and was instantly taken in by her puppy charms so home she came. Overall she's a pretty good little girl, a little on the submissive side but I'm working on that. She is also seemingly intelligent and appears to be a quick learner, I hope. :)

According to the papers he gave me the mother was a Sheltie and the father a Border Collie though I'm uncertain since at 3 1/2 months she's already 20lbs. I guess time will tell.

We settled on the name Brook, yes of course I was thinking trout....lol

gallery_9_87_724.jpg

Beautiful colors on that pup, you'll find that in no time, she'll be waiting for you to wake up and go fishing. Dogs cherish every waken hour, and material things don't matter, only thing that matters is time spent together.

What a great looking pup Spiel. She'll be your best friend in no time. The Border Collie intelligence in her will amaze you. Just try to remember that you're the master, not her. :thumbsup_anim:

You've got 10 days to pick out a Halloween costume for her. Here's some ideas for you.

dogyoda.jpg

halloween-pug-786623.jpg

HalloweenPets.jpg

dg8.jpg

dg7.jpg

dg6.jpg

dg3.jpg

As far as I'm concerned you won't regret it. Help your pooch to get over her submissive problem now to save problems in the future. I have to admit I'm prejudiced about dogs. Amy goes everywhere with me and loves it in the boat. Shes great with kids and adults. In the last 2 years I have spent approx $4000 in operations she requires as she has a rare ( only dog ever documented ) disease of the liver lining but she is worth every penny.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family Chris!

I agree with DanC, The Border Collie in her will amaze you with how smart she is.

Our old Bubba is 9 years old and part Shepherd, part Border Collie, and part Black Lab... and maybe a couple of other parts thrown in for good measure!

....Thanks everyone. While this is indeed the first dog for the kids it's my fourth. I've been wanting a new dog for some time and finally the time seemed right. As for intelligence, well I have to say that I'm impressed. After only one week the submissive problem is well under control,

simple commands (sit, stay, come and no) are understood fully and complied with, simply amazing. She's been crate trained and while needing at least one mid-night outing to pee last night she slept through till morning without a whimper. I think I've got a winner. :)