For the art and NASCAR fans (NF)

danc

A couple of days ago, Roger Mayer (Mahumba) posted a link to this drawing on his message board. It is a pencil crayon drawing that I thought that he just found somewhere in cyberspace. Well, it turns out this this drawing was done by a local girl named Meghan that works with Roger. What incredible talent.

Here's the drawing and a link to her other work.

Mehgans art

JGpencilcrayon.jpg

Great stuff Dan! Do you know if she went to OCAD in Toronto...she has the style they seem to teach there....oh and what's she doin workin with Mahumba, she should be in or running a graphic arts/advertising company.

I have no idea where she went to school Wayne. Nor do I have any idea why she is selling fish hooks on the weekends with Mahumba. Time will tell.

Okay..my girlfriend likes Jeff Gordon and I'm not sure which I am more afraid to admit...me liking him or having a girlfriend that does....

There's nothing wrong with being a Gordon fan these days Rick.

Thanks everyone for the great comments about my work, I really appreciate it. Its funny how Im joining all of these fishing websites to promote my art LOL

To answer your questions I graduated in 2006 from Lakehead University from the fine arts program. The reason I am working at DNR Sporting Goods is because I came home to work for the summer. I was living in Southern Ontario with my boyfriend (the jeff gordon fan) and we broke up. So I decided to stay home and DNR decided to keep me on full time, I have worked there off and on for 8 years. I am applying for my Masters to start next fall and I will hopefully be going to the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.

I mainly do commission drawings and if there is anything anyone would like drawn, (like an 88 car) just contact me at [email protected], I draw just about everything. I price by size. For a bigger version of my drawings just view them on my site and at the top is says all sizes click that and it gives you the option for more view sizes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beautyinmetal/

Thanks again everyone!

How the heck do you draw chrome with colored pencils??? That's just crazy. I almost have to wear my sunglasses when I look at this drawing. Good luck to you Meg. I hope to meet you at DNR someday before you become too famous.

vet.jpg