Quebec lake question

taper

Have any of you ever fished or even visited any of the following lakes.

Lake Kipawa

Lake Ogascanan

Booth Lake

Lac Duparquet

I am doing some internet searches and these have sparked my interest but would always rather hear from past experience if possible. Thanks in advance , Mike.

Edited by taper

Can't offer anything on any of those lakes Mike, but I spent a week about 30 miles east of Kipawa 10 years ago. Never got anything big, but most of the pickeral we got were the blue variety, which seem to be pretty common in that area.

Just thought I'd offer that incase you got into any blue fish on your upcoming trip and wondered what the heck was goin on :unsure:

Our group fished Lake Ogascanan in 2000. We didn't enjoy that experience because, for us, there were not sufficient locations to fish during inclement weather. We tried Lake Kipawa in 2001 and have fished there every year since (for walleye and lake trout). We have always fished the north east arm of Lake Kipawa. If you would like more details, simply PM me.

Lew is there a camp on the lake you were on and if so was the fishing good for numbers, this is a family trip and catching a trophy is not necessary, just want to have fun see some new territory and have a shore lunch or two in the week.

No Mike, there was no camp, infact it was just a wide spot on a dirt road in the middle of the bush with a makeshift boatramp and an outhouse. Good enuff for a few guys who weren't interested in any amenities, but I definetely wouldn't promote it as a "family" style camp.

Lots of small pickeral, with some excellent feeds around the bonfires at night. ;)

Sorry I can't offer you anything on family camps up there, but it's a popular region of Quebec so I'm sure a few folks will chime in here and give you the info your looking for.

I will be keeping a close eye on this thread, as I was also talking about Kipawa last week, thinking it was time for a change from the norm.... any suggestions on lodges you had a good experience at would be appreciated. I am looking for a decent place to bring family and children.

Thanks!

Gerritt.

Hi Gerrit:

Re the cost of a non-resident fishing license in Quebec, see http://www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/english/wildlif...tes.jsp#fishing

If you only plan to do a one week fishing trip once a year in Quebec, then buy the 7 consecutive day license for $30.43 plus taxes. An annual non-resident fishing licence for Quebec runs $45.21 plus taxes - comes to $52.50 if I remember correctly.

Tomcat's got it there ... "permis de peche" for a week is $34.67 with tax...available simply by walking up to the courtesy desk at any CTC once you cross the border. Neither Dano or I speak/understand any french and the young gal didn't let on she spoke any english...and we had no problems getting ours...oh other than stroking out the 19__ on the application, putting 2007 and then having her tell us that was for our birth date!

Edited by irishfield