17' Boat Hull Free

Zamboni

Pontential? LOL

I could write a book on why that boat would be a terrible restoration project.

The transom in that is not like the transom in an aluminum......

You are better off smashing the boat and taking it to the dump if you have to do a transom.

You could dump the boat and sell the windshield/frame on ebay, they are fairly pricey.

Granted, a free boat is probably worth what your paying for it. I'm not encouraging anyone inexperienced to take on a boat 'project'....such projects rarely make economic sense. As to why the owner didn't take new pics in his garage-don't think I would to give a boat away.

I was made aware of the craiglist ad by an experienced member at iboats boat restoration forum. He asked me to check it out for him to see if it was worthwhile he make a long drive/pickup....few hours later he aquired 2 hulls so emailed not to bother. Lot of negative, critical posts in this thread-what condition would you expect a free boat to be in?

Now, for anyone considering taking on this project. Go to Iboats boat rest forums and see examples of ground up projects and what it entails. Read on soft floors, soaked foam, stringer replacement and the mentioned transom replacement before driving to pick up this or any other 'project' boat. If this hull ad on craigslist is actually some type of scam I apoligize, that is why I was originally contacted to check it out.

Granted, a free boat is probably worth what your paying for it. I'm not encouraging anyone inexperienced to take on a boat 'project'....such projects rarely make economic sense. As to why the owner didn't take new pics in his garage-don't think I would to give a boat away.

I was made aware of the craiglist ad by an experienced member at iboats boat restoration forum. He asked me to check it out for him to see if it was worthwhile he make a long drive/pickup....few hours later he aquired 2 hulls so emailed not to bother. Lot of negative, critical posts in this thread-what condition would you expect a free boat to be in?

Now, for anyone considering taking on this project. Go to Iboats boat rest forums and see examples of ground up projects and what it entails. Read on soft floors, soaked foam, stringer replacement and the mentioned transom replacement before driving to pick up this or any other 'project' boat. If this hull ad on craigslist is actually some type of scam I apoligize, that is why I was originally contacted to check it out.

dont sweat it ,its a great boat for the right person,boats are givin away all the time by the marinas around here,some need fiberglass work or and engine or rebuild,I like projects I like fiberglassing,its not about the $$$$ its about doing something I like on the long cold winter months,ive restored many a boats floors transoms whatever not a big deal if you have some experience,my current boat was a write off its an 83 it looks like a 2007 new gelcoat where needed buffed out I get compliments all summer ,im currently trying to pick up a 22 Aquasport CC thats laying in the grass ,thanks for posting it up and if ya find more please put them up as well

Pontential? LOL

I could write a book on why that boat would be a terrible restoration project.

The transom in that is not like the transom in an aluminum......

You are better off smashing the boat and taking it to the dump if you have to do a transom.

You could dump the boat and sell the windshield/frame on ebay, they are fairly pricey.

hmm that must be why theres 2 big fiberglass shops in the area,id like to read that book on all your knowledge,post some pics of your workings with glass and transoms

....I'm certain I've seen that one many times in the boat trader? I wouldn't touch it if Gerritt was paying for all the renos.

is that like saying... I wouldnt sleep with her with your........ well nevermind I will leave it alone...

enjoy your time off Chris.

Gerritt.